Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jj23 Posts: 32, Reputation: -2

Apr 9, 2009, 10:06 PM
    Flat hair to curls
    Any way I could get my flat, thin hair to have a "curl" look to it??
    zansic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 01:26 AM
    Curl it!
    I have very thin, very flat hair and I curl it almost daily. I am very satisfied with the look I get.

My favorite way to do it is to use a curling iron. If your hair is shorter, make sure to use a curling iron with a small barrel. I have shoulder length hair and my barrel is only about 1" but if your hair is longer you should use a bigger one. This is how I do it:
    1. Tie up the top 2/3s of hair; grab small amount of hair and spray with a little hairspray
    2. Let it dry, then clamp in the curling iron a small amount of hair close to the root and pull it straight down to the bottom of the hair
    3. Rotate the iron AWAY FROM your face until it is almost touching your scalp
    * Be sure to position the curling iron straight up and down like a pencil (like "||" rather than "=") and hold for ~30 seconds
    4. Open clamp and pull curling iron down WITHOUT pulling down or tugging on hair
    5. Spray lightly to hold
    6. Next piece!
    This method takes FOREVER (almost an hour for me) but I love how full my hair looks after so I do it almost every morning!

You can also Google how to use velcro rollers to volumize hair... I haven't tried it yet but am curious! If you want messy curls, get a texturizer and scrunch your hair. This method takes like 30 seconds and makes your hair look crazy thick, but it was just too messy and the curls weren't really pretty. Sometimes I use hot rollers, which takes about 30 minutes. If you use hot rollers, the technique is very similar to a curling iron so just follow the steps above. The curls aren't as defined as with a curling iron but look more natural.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Curls [ 2 Answers ]

I have natural curly hair.due to many years of coloring,and flat irons my hair is dull,and lifeless.how can I get my curls back?or can I

Tight curls [ 2 Answers ]

HI just watched the HBO series ROME. I LOVED THEIR HAIR The tight ringlets I was wondering how do you archive that look? What would be the best hair curler how do you get them so tight and small? HBO: Rome: Cast and Crew: Character Bio: Jocasta HBO: Rome: Cast and Crew: Character Bio:...

Flat hair from TR [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, i had tr and now my hair is flat no valume, i hate it very much, any suggestion?

View more questions Search