Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firemanswife06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 07:01 PM
    Need to lose weight in a healthy way
    I am 23 years old with server back problems and not allowed to do a lot of exerices, I weight 237 when I am only 5'5 I know I am overweight and I hate it it bothers me I have tierd all kinds of diet pills and I want to lose the wieght but I want to lose some of it in a quickly time I don't want to have to weight a year to get 40 pounds of I want to be at least 160 again how can I lose weigth fast and healthy I am desperate
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2009, 05:03 AM

Check with your doctor or a physical therapist and find out what exercises you can do at this time that won't aggravate your current back problems. Swimming might be a great option or some walking. Don't worry if you can't do much to start with... just keep going and you will start to see that you can go longer as time goes on. You can even do some exercising sitting down as well... using some free weights for example while watching television. Do you know if your back problems are due to your weight or just compounded by it? As you loose some weight, your back will likely show some improvement.

Once you have a list of what you can do, start working on them on a daily basis. Something every day!

If it helps, record for several days everything you eat so that you can see exactly what and how much you are eating. If you live on your own, check out what's in your kitchen and get rid of anything unhealthy. Make a list and go shopping to restock so that you won't have temptations readily available.
    Start reducing your portion sizes and changing out any junk food for healthier choices. Some people can do it all at once, some do better with a gradual change. You will have decide which will work for you. Have some healthy quick snacks always available to curb any munchies... carrots and peanut butter, apples, grapes, a few whole wheat crackers, etc..
    The key is to stick with it... even if you slip up, get back on track the very next day.
    As you start to see some changes... walking farther for example, you will likely gain more enthusiasim to keep at it.

Don't expect it to be fast... to lose the weight in a healthy manner, it will be gradual... this will also make it more likely that you will be able to maintain the weight loss as well.

Focus more on the healthy changes you are doing than on any numbers on a scale. The weight loss will come as you make the necessary changes in lifestyle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

How to eat healthy and lose weight [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to lose weight and do it right. I want to know what kind of food will help me lose weight and get all the nutrition I need.

Lose 30 pounds fast but healthy and no pills! [ 1 Answers ]

Im young I am 170 lbs and at the end of the month I'm going to Hawaii and I want to have a great bikini body. Als I want to look good next year at school. I want to lose 30 lbs of fat in 30 days, but not entirely sure if I can! I don't by the food in the house so I can't really choose the best...

Wanting to lose weight but stay healthy [ 3 Answers ]

I am getting married in April and I need to lose at least 20 pounds: not only for the wedding but for other reason as well. I have tried everything that I know and it either did not work or I got sick from it. How can I lose weight and actually lose it and stay healthy and not get sick?:confused:

Lose Weight, Gain Muscle the healthy way. [ 9 Answers ]

Aloha, My name is Grace from Hawaii, and I was wondering If anyone had a good way to lose weight and gain Muscle at the same time... the healthy way. My area of work requires a fit body, well only If you require success. I just want to feel good About the way I look. Can anyone help? ...

View more questions Search