Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hollie1988 Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2009, 06:55 PM
    Stressed and don't know what to do
    Im a mother of 2 daughters one is going to be 3yr in June and the other is 6 months now
    I have a fiancé of 1yr and 8 months on the 22nd of this month
    Im a stay @ home mom
    I feel like I have no one to talk to about my problems that would understand and that stresses me out
    Plus with me having a hearing problem doesn't help either
    There's more...
    Does anyone have any advise of what would help?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 9, 2009, 06:58 PM

Feel free to unload on us here! I'm at work and will be leaving to go home in a few minutes. I'll check on this thread in an hour.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 06:59 PM
    Find playgroups or a moms group in your town or city- it'll help if you have other mothers to talk to.

Sarah
    rxnarunner Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Apr 9, 2009, 07:00 PM

I used to stay at home with my kids (4) and got very stressed out. Feel free to vent, just getting it out there may be a great release

Apr 9, 2009, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Feel free to unload on us here! I'm at work and will be leaving to go home in a few minutes. I'll check on this thread in an hour.
    I will be looking forward from hearing from you
    That's a good one

Apr 9, 2009, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    Find playgroups or a moms group in your town or city- it'll help if you have other mothers to talk to.

Sarah
    Yea that would be nice
    I don't really know anybody around my age except one friend I only talk to I never really see her
    Someone fun , etc... would be nice lol

Apr 9, 2009, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rxnarunner View Post
    i used to stay at home with my kids (4) and got very stressed out. feel free to vent, just getting it out there may be a great release
    Gosh 4 wow I couldn't do I don't think
    I have 2 and that's too much
    I feel better once I can talk to someone I can trust and that understands where I'm coming from
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hollie1988 View Post
    yea that would be nice
    i dont really know anybody around my age except one friend i only talk to i never really see her
    someone fun and etc... would be nice lol
    Facebook and myspace are great ways to discover play groups!

Search you community/city today!

oh boy I just sounded like an infomercial.

Sarah
    Ana52408 Posts: 152, Reputation: 17

Apr 9, 2009, 07:12 PM

Maybe sign up for a day activity maybe go to a yoga class or to the gym and you can make plenty of friends there! Maybe get into cooking classes, or I love doing make up so I do my own tutorials sometimes and then post them online, me and my sister do that. Also, maybe get exercising videos at home or get into sewing or something entertaining so you let go of that stress and distract yourself from it!

Hope this helps<3
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Apr 9, 2009, 07:16 PM

To releave stress...

Yes talking to people is nice but to me, this sounds more like you are looking for a gal pal? Some one to shoot the sh_t with you know? Some one to relate to, with, and unload your strains, pains, and frustrations. Not sure but you may also be wanting to help some one too, so that you feel equal to them, as some people see us as weak when we confide in them. We're not weak, we just need to vent let got, get it out. Eh?

I sugest talking to your husband about finding time for you to go meet friends, and just be you for a while. Even if only for a few hours a week. Can he watch the girls on the Saturday or Sunday, can you try joining some kind of group you maybe interested in? Dance class, sewing, exercising, a walking group, volunteer for a day care or something then you can bring the kidders, take up a few hobbies. When you put the 6 month old to bed and if you don't put the 3year old to bed too, then let her know that it's quiet time. If you don't have this and she is clingy, no worries, just train her to understand that you want that time for you. She can read quietly or play quietly but in her bed room. It's your life take control of it.

Maybe a self defence class? Eh? A little M.M.A. I know a few girls in that and let me tell you I would not want to get on their bad side.

Try reading too, like some self help books.

Take care.

Apr 9, 2009, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana52408 View Post
    maybe sign up for a day activity maybe go to a yoga class or to the gym and you can make plenty of friends there! maybe get into cooking classes, or i love doing make up so i do my own tutorials sometimes and then post them online, me and my sister do that. also, maybe get exercising videos at home or get into sewing or something entertaining so you let go of that stress and distract yourself from it!

Hope this helps<3
    I go to the gym when I can

Apr 9, 2009, 07:24 PM

Well start a conversation with the person next to you and as soon as you know it you can share a cup of coffee with them :)

Be social it will help you a lot with meeting new people and making friends you can share your problems with and they will help.

And you got a good start, we are all here to help you vent and give you advice! :D

Apr 9, 2009, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestorian View Post
    To releave stress...

Yes talking to people is nice but to me, this sounds more like you are looking for a gal pal? Some one to shoot the sh_t with you know? Some one to relate to, with, and unload your strains, pains, and frustrations. Not sure but you may also be wanting to help some one too, so that you feel equal to them, as some people see us as weak when we confide in them. We're not weak, we just need to vent let got, get it out. Eh?

I sugest talking to your husband about finding time for you to go meet friends, and just be you for a while. Even if only for a few hours a week. Can he watch the girls on the saturday or sunday, can you try joining some kind of group you maybe interested in?? Dance class, sewing, exercising, a walking group, volunteer for a day care or something then you can bring the kidders, take up a few hobbies. When you put the 6 month old to bed and if you don't put the 3year old to bed too, then let her know that it's quiet time. If you don't have this and she is clingy, no worries, just train her to understand that you want that time for you. She can read quietly or play quietly but in her bed room. It's your life take control of it.

Maybe a self defence class?? Eh? a little M.M.A.? I know a few girls in that and let me tell you I would not want to get on their bad side.

Try reading too, like some self help books.

Take care.
    Yea on saturdays my aunt keeps my 3 yr old and we ask our 6 month grandparents to watch her sometimes they can
    I go to the gym WHEN I HAVE TIME
    I watch TV when I can and on the computer while she is playing

Apr 9, 2009, 07:28 PM
    well start a conversation with the person next to you and as soon as you know it you can share a cup of coffee with them :)

Be social it will help you a lot with meeting new people and making friends you can share your problems with and they will help.

And you got a good start, we are all here to help you vent and give you advice! :D
    That would help going out to meet new people but I'm SHY

Apr 9, 2009, 07:36 PM

Well OK think about it this way...

What are the chances of that person slapping you in the face and telling you you can't talk to them cause they don't know you?

VERY RARE!

So say hey! How's that work out going for you?

Person: Oh hey great you know just here trying to get in shape!

And then you can say, yeah I'm just here trying to relief some stress! Hehe, what other exercises do you try out?

Just anything that pops into your mind!

Also, talk to your husband, tell him after work maybe you guys can do a little activity together, talk to him surprise him with nice dinners when he comes home from work, also spend time with family go out to the malls also or omgosh do you like the beach? Grab an interesting book and go to the beach tan go in the water and maybe get a friend to come along!
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Apr 9, 2009, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hollie1988 View Post
    Yea on saturdays my aunt keeps my 3 yr old and we ask our 6 month grandparents to watch her sometimes they can
    I go to the gym WHEN I HAVE TIME
    I watch tv when i can and on the computer while she is playing
    What kind of TV do you watch? How much on average? Did you know depending on what oyu watch TV can stress a person out?

TV can help release stress if you laugh, huh, haughing for no other reason than laughing will releave stress. There is this thing called Laugh Yoga, apaerently operah does this. What is with me and operah today? Meh.

If you are shy, try to talk to random strangers in a check out line or something, great way to practice. Nothing major, but just a hhi, how's the weather.

We have to make time some times. I know it's hard, but try looking at your routine and seeing where you can change it up a bit...

Take care.

Apr 9, 2009, 08:03 PM
    well ok think about it this way...

What are the chances of that person slapping you in the face and telling you you can't talk to them cause they dont know you?

VERY RARE!

So say hey! how's that work out going for you?!

person: Oh hey great you know just here trying to get in shape!

and then you can say, yeah im just here trying to relief some stress! hehe, what other exercises do you try out?

Just anything that pops into your mind!

Also, talk to your husband, tell him after work maybe you guys can do a little activity together, talk to him surprise him with nice dinners when he comes home from work, also spend time with family go out to the malls also or omgosh do you like the beach? grab an interesting book and go to the beach tan go in the water and maybe get a friend to come along!
    He says he is to tired
    He works until 5pm then he comes home and leave @ 8pm to go to the gym so there isn't nothing there
    On weekends we try

Apr 9, 2009, 08:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestorian View Post
    What kind of TV do you watch? how much on average? Did you know depending on what oyu watch TV can stress a person out??

TV can help release stress if you laugh, huh, haughing for no other reason than laughing will releave stress. There is this thing called Laugh Yoga, apaerently operah does this. What is with me and operah today?? Meh.

If you are shy, try to talk to random strangers in a check out line or something, great way to practice. Nothing major, but just a hhi, how's the weather.

We have to make time some times. I know it's hard, but try looking at your routine and seeing where you can change it up a bit...

Take care.
    I watch good stuff

Apr 9, 2009, 08:20 PM

Like what? Watch the food network,I loveee that channel! And hellooo spend sometime with him during that time! You can even accompany him to the gym!

Apr 9, 2009, 08:22 PM
    like what?! watch the food network,i loveee that channel! and hellooo spend sometime with him during that time! you can even accompany him to the gym!
    I try so hard for us 2 go when the gym childcare is open but no he want
    It kills me because he doesn't want to go with me its always his friend he goes with that works with him
    Now you see why I stress out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm so stressed out anyone that can help please do I could use it [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so the past school year I have been sooo stressed out me and my mom have been fighting a lot and like right now we are not talking. I have been missing my dad a lot lately. My boyfriend says some stuff that stresses me out and I'm always freaking out that he is leaving me and it kills me...

I am Stressed [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is rhonda and I have 2 kids and we stay with my dad, my dad always try to make me feel low and beneath myself... every time he does that I feel like just killing myself... just walking in the middle of the street and getting hit. I love my kids so much but I don't know what to do... I...

Stressed out! [ 3 Answers ]

I live in New Orleans, LA. I am planning on buying a gutted home. I am interested in buying a duplex, but they are entirely to expensive!! I want to know if it is expensive to convert a single home into a double? Is it also expensive to close up a garage and use:confused: it as a bedroom. I...

I'm so Stressed [ 3 Answers ]

I just need somwun to talk to I been so stressed. Well lets see how to start, I've been with this girl for 5 years we had a baby together she's 7 months, we've been on and off I really love her, we gotten into a fight and she just went crazy, I woke up yesterday with the police at my house saying I...

Stressed [ 6 Answers ]

OK so basiclly I'm pretty stressed right now I'm going into high school witch I'm kind of nerviose about And I really like my best guy friend but I'm not sure what to do he tells me that he loves me to and misses being with me but then he says he doesn't want a girlfriend So what should I do

View more questions Search