Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tandah Posts: 67, Reputation: 5

Apr 9, 2009, 04:31 PM
    18 month old stopped eating
    My 18 month old daughter has stopped eating everything that is good for her.
    If she won't eat for meal, I will keep it for when she is hungry but then she STILL won't eat it. She won't even touch meat or any kid but I was able to get her to eat spaghetti with hamburger and veggies. That is the only thing she will eat.
    We've tried giving her more attention when she eats and that didn't work so we tried no attention and that didn't work as well
    Any idea's on how to get her to eat?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 06:57 PM

I wouldn't worry too much at this point... if she is acting fine, is content, etc. Toddlers often go through phases of eating only certain foods for awhile.

Keep offering a couple of different things every now and then, along with what you know she will eat, but don't push it... keep it matter of fact. You don't want meal times to become stressful and you certainly don't want to have a battle of wills with a toddler! It probably won't be too long before other things will interest her again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog stopped eating [ 6 Answers ]

My 12 year old dog stopped eating about 3 days ago. When I got o feed him he still gets really excited like normal but then doesn't touch his food. I feed him dry biscuits in the morning and dog roll at night and he hasn't touched anything. Otherwise he seems normal and nothing else has changed. ...

Got new dog and old dog stopped eating [ 2 Answers ]

Over Christmas we adopted a rescue dog while visiting family. The day after adopting her she was very sick and we spoiled her. Our other dog who is 4 yrs old was fine during this time. We went back home after Christmas and the dog that we had (the 4 yr old) stopped eating. He will eat people...

Dog stopped eating [ 2 Answers ]

My 10 month old golden retriever has stopped eating and has become very sluggish. He has lost weight, you can see his ribs, backbone and hips. What could be causing this?

Dog stopped eating [ 4 Answers ]

I need some help my dog has stopped eating. SHe drinks but will not eat and if I try and get her to eat she will go and hide behind the chair. She is only 5 years old and has never been sick. Does anyone have any advice as to what is going on.

Dog stopped eating [ 3 Answers ]

My 4 year old chow/rott mix just stopped eating. She was all right yesterday morning, but last night would not eat her dinner and this morning did not eat. She has never done that. I was thinking that maybe she ate something that upset her stomach. How long would it take to pass something that did...

View more questions Search