Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    K_3 Posts: 304, Reputation: 74

Sep 28, 2006, 06:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rob-n-tx
    Ok, I'm in a simular situation. All who've made judgmental comments, I think you should get to walk in those shoes to have any validity to what you say. My wife lost her vision and suffered a brain injury 11 years ago. She can function at some levels, but she certainly isn't the companion I married 23 years ago.

As far as in sickness & health goes, is it reasonable to expect or require someone to give up any hope of happiness and a normal life in support of a companion that would, without modern medical help, already be dead?

I think Betty can only find her answer and peace in her own heart.
    I think you have done a wonderful job. I hope you find time for yourself and you have someone to stay with her so you can also have a life. Taking care of a loved one has to be balanced, so you have a life also. If you do not, you will become less positive and that is not good for either of you. I have seen the caretaker go through as much pain as the disabled person. The pain may not be the same, but it is pain. This can create problems with your health and then you are not in a good position to help either of you.

If you read my earlier post you can see what a friend of mine did. He had a good life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Divorcing, moving 28 miles away [ 7 Answers ]

We filed for divorce in Jan 2006, we sold our vacation home and now have our primary residence up for sale. I do not have an attorney, I am representing myself, my husband has an attorney. I am working on a settlement agreement with his attorney, all of which indicates me moving to central Orange...

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

Disable at startup [ 2 Answers ]

I have several programs that load as soon as I start my computer, and they are eating up all my memory. I tried to remove them from my startup menu, but this then sent them to the recycle bin. I'm computer illiterate. I want to know how to disable programs when I start my computer (so they don't...

Canadians divorcing in Shanghai [ 0 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get a divorce if both my wife and myself work and reside in Shanghai? We are both Canadian citizens, wondering if we will have to go back to Canada to file for our divorce or can we get it done here in Shanghai? Any information is greatly appreciated

Disable help [ 2 Answers ]

My cousin's a disable young man in a wheel chair that needs assistance. He lives in a house that was on the demolition list in Michigan, but he had a few friends help him fix the house, to make it liveable. The problem is the city says the house does not exsist. So therefore he can't get the...

View more questions Search