Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Newshound Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 11:40 AM
    Can I use a Land Patent to defeat a mortgage company lien if I had it prior?
    A house I financed is about to go into forcloseure due to another mortgage company who gave buyers a no money down high risk 80/20 loan just to collect thousands in commissions.

I have a recorded land patent on a house I built and filed it at the recorders office in 1998, then I sold the house in 2007 and financed the buyers(partially on the full sale price) with a $200k note;

In order to buy this house, like I said, the buyers took out two other morgages on this same property for more than twice that amount and now can not pay me or their mortages companies.

If I filed a lis pendens on this property, would I be able to then sell this house at auction and keep the proceeds or would I have to take the other two mortgage companies who today also have liens on this same property to court first? And would I have a chance of winning if it went to court?

Exploying my options.

Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2009, 07:24 AM

Hello n:

It's NOT a matter of who sues first. It's a matter of what position your loan is subordinate to. It would appear that you are in third place. Therefore, if a foreclosure happened, and there was anything left after the first two banks were paid off, you'd get it.

I don't think your land patent gives you a higher position - but it MAY. I'd visit a real estate lawyer and ask him.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mortgage company is going to foreclose on my home, how do fix this? [ 3 Answers ]

My family is need right now. We are about to lose our home because we got behind on our payments. We have no way to catch up on it right now.

Lien and non ability to take over 2nd mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

I hope you can help me on this one. I am going through divorce. Attorney put lien on house for his fees after assuring me his fees would be paid by husband. Called 2nd mortage company after making payments on loan for over 1 year by myself.. husband wouldnt help with marital debts and I had non...

Land patent [ 1 Answers ]

Land patents and how they work my parents house had a patent back in the 1800's and I updated it to my name

Locating mortgage Company on Property [ 1 Answers ]

I have an elderly woman friend who is in prison (she will be getting out in March)- her daughter sent, by mail, her a power of attorney to sign that will give the daughter control of everything - the daughter says she has to have the power of attorney in order to take care of the house because she...

Mortgage company fraud? [ 2 Answers ]

I was ready to close on a mortgage loan, and the day I was going to closing I got a call from the mortgage company telling me that the rate of 6% they locked us in was not going to be the rate in which we were going to close. They gave us a different rate of 7% at the last minute before closing....

View more questions Search