Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phoxphyer78 Posts: 38, Reputation: 0

Apr 9, 2009, 10:32 AM
    Annulment or Divorce
    Hey guys, any help will be appreciated.
    I'm 31 and got married which I now realize is a huge mistake. The thing is I got married in Europe, the guy is not American never live here and never will. It's almost a year and he doesn't want to pay for a lawyer, says he doesn't want to let me go. Starting over at this point in my life in another country is hopeless for me. Can I get an annulment or I have to pay to get a divorce. My name hasn't changed we don't share anything. A huge mistake on my part. :confused:
    shawnnabell18 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 01:24 PM

I don't think u can get an annulment now its been way to long.. I'm pretty sure that can only be done in the first few months
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 01:31 PM
    Where is Europe did you get married? Every country, state or province has different laws.

Sarah
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 01:52 PM

Was it a civil or religious ceremony?

Apr 9, 2009, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    was it a civil or religious ceremony?
    Civil ceremony..

Apr 9, 2009, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    Where is Europe did you get married? Every country, state or province has different laws.

Sarah

We got Married in England. I guess I'm going to have to do the leg work to find out how to do that. I'm really not in the rush to remarry or anything. Just want to be free,
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phoxphyer78 View Post
    We got Married in England. I guess I'm gonna have to do the leg work to find out how to do that. I'm really not in the rush to remarry or anything. Just want to be free,
    I've tried googling the laws for annulments in England but I can't find any.

Best thing now is to find yourself a good lawyer!

Sarah

Apr 11, 2009, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    I've tried googling the laws for annulments in England but I can't find any.

Best thing now is to find yourself a good lawyer!

Sarah
    Guess I'm going to have to do that. Where to go though, I don't know his address or nothing just a phone number

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I file for an annulment or Divorce. [ 17 Answers ]

I got married to a women in the Philippines when I was in the military and not have heard from her since I came back to the United States and I do not know if she still lives where she was at. Can I file for a divorce or an annulment?

Divorce and annulment [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if I need to be divorced first before applying to the church for an annulment. In legal terms do I need to divorce or is a catholic annulment all that is needed. I do not intend to remarry at this present time, thanks

Easy divorce or annulment [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 8 yr old and I am 7 months pregnant. I have only been married since April 2007. I found out that my husband has been cheating on me for over 2 yrs. Also he slept with the person on the day of our wedding before we said any vows. For the past 5 months or so he has been in and out of the...

Marriage Annulment/divorce [ 3 Answers ]

I have been married for 2 days and it feels like the biggest mistake I have ever made can I get an annulment?

Annulment vs divorce [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter was married at age 15. Since she was so young, and the marriage only lasted 1.5 years, can she qualify for an annulment. We live in the state of Florida.

View more questions Search