Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SupaStar91 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 09:16 AM
    Bio Claire
    Hi everyone I am new here and I bought my Bio Claire product yesterday i.e the Cream, Lotion and the Oil. I was wondering if you can use Proactive acne treatment together with the Bio Claire and I want to know if it is safe too?:) and when will I be seeing results because I started using it last night. Sorry about the questions but I am looking forward to your replies. Thanks.
    phoxphyer78 Posts: 38, Reputation: 0

Apr 9, 2009, 09:39 AM

Everyone's skin is different hon, I'll try using them together only once a day and at night, that way the sun rays won't harm your skin. I've used Bio Claire and neutrogena for acne before and nothing happened. But everyone's skin is different. Start with only once a day for a couple of days and see what happens. Good luck!
    BlackSkinGirl Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 11:29 AM
    Where do you purchase the Bio Clear?

Apr 9, 2009, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSkinGirl View Post
    I live in Barbados so I purchased it at a supermarket. They had the whole line but it was in the Cosmetic section
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Apr 11, 2009, 06:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSkinGirl View Post
    If you are from the states , then you can but Bio Claire on line from here.

Bio Clair

Apr 11, 2009, 06:46 AM

There are lots of other places on line as well if you want to try somewhere else.

I am from the UK and practically all Black afro stores that I go into stock it, so it is very easy to obtain.

Apr 11, 2009, 06:49 AM
    However, I would just like to add that I am dubious about the ingredients in Bio Clair, which is why I stopped using it. It definitely worked for me, but I personally would use this product with caution and not think about using it long term.

Apr 11, 2009, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    However, I would just like to add that I am dubious about the ingredients in Bio Clair, which is why I stopped using it. It definitely worked for me, but I personally would use this product with caution and not think about using it long term.
    Can you give me some pointers... pros & cons as to why & what cautions?

The ingrediets... I've read that a great deal believe that the Hydro is a component which was suppose to be phased out...
    I'm truly a Newbie... still learning.

If you do not mind me asking, what are you using now?

Thank you in advance
    Meagan91 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Apr 11, 2009, 09:24 AM
    I used bio claire last summer and had great success. I was kind of lazy and often only applied it to my face. My body stayed the same color, but my face got about 1 1/2 - 2 shades lighter. Back then I didn't realize and thought it was my new hair color that made me look lighter. Also I didn't really see the difference first. It was only when some people started to ask me if I had stayed out of the sun throughout the holidays cause my face has gotten fairer and had this glow. However I ceased the use of this cream due to its incredible odour.

And maharani, I totally agree with you that there must be some other compounds in bio claire. Im almost sure its hydroquinone.
    I found a swiss link about illegal skin lightening creams and the testings they did. Here are the results. As it is in written in German Ill roughly translate the most important part:
    Two of 17 skin bleaching creams contained hq in high percentages between 3.7 and 5.6%. The use of hq is forbidden in the EU. One of the products was lacking the declaration that it contained hq. According to the declaration the lightening effect is to be achieved by the use of kojic acid which is prohibited in Switzerland as well as bearberry extract. Bearberry extract contains the hydroquinone-glucosid p-Arbutin. The way the product was declared it would have been tradeable in Europe. So either this is a case of a rough deception or of a mistake with the bottling of the product. The product is sold under a french brand, however it is produced in ivory coast, where hq is eventually still allowed to be used as bleaching agent legally.

Here's the link: http://www.kantonslabor-bs.ch/files/...mittel2006.pdf
    I know the translation is wack, but I hope you get the main points.

See the similarities :eek:
    Bio claire is a french name but produced in ivory coast and it also has kojic acid and bearberry extract.This would mean that one might be using more than 5% hq without even knowing it. It also explains why I got so fast results although I didn't apply it regurlarly. (Only once a day and I even skipped some days).
    To all of you that use bio claire, stop immediately!
    If you are fine with hq thats another story. But other than that quit it.

Apr 11, 2009, 10:37 AM
    :(To all of you that use bio claire, stop immediately!
    If you are fine with hq thats another story. But other than that quit it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that information...

I just purchased some online last week & I should receiving it on Monday or Tuesday.

I read where the board appeared to be split on whether BioClaire contained thae Hydro.

I guess I just hoped that it didn't so I purchased it.
    bigeyes678 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2009, 03:46 PM

Ive used bioclaire before and it burned my skin. I think it have more hydroquinone in it than it claims. Don't use it.
    Meagan91 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Apr 11, 2009, 04:47 PM
    The first time I opened the jar I knew there was something fishy about it.
    I didn't want to breathe as if the cream would contain toxic steams, I didn't want to touch food unless I washed my hands super thougherly. Heck I didn't even want to touch little kids or didn't want them to take things I touched before. I felt like I was emitting pure poison.
    That's where wishful thinking comes into play. Whenever there are mixed reviews about something, we put our hope in the positive aspects even if we know somewhere deep down there that we might hazard our health.
    But I now prefer to get the raw materials and mix my own cream. I can decide how much of the active ingredients I put in and know for sure what's in it.
    maelia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 06:44 AM
    [Bio clair it's not good it gives acnes and you redarkening then you stop it,juste use the soap it's better because me I use it since three months,I am became very very light at the beginning but after dammmm all the problemes in my face!! So just use the soap

Apr 18, 2009, 04:10 PM

Well I don't really think Bio Claire is that bad. Because I haven't seen any bad results, just good ones which is making my skin light and smooth. Some people just overreact or their skin is not that strong that's why they are seeing bad results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get Bio Claire [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 24yr old half Arabian half somali and I have uneven skin tone.I decided to order Bio Claire online after reading many positive reviews about it on this site.The problem is that I work in Africa and none of these sites ship this product to Africa :(I've tried Ebay,Guesso,Afribest with no...

Bio claire [ 9 Answers ]

Yeah Im using Bio Claire the body sking lightening lotion. I read earlier so are you saying the lotion does not work or that its better to mix that other stuff with the oil? What is it called? Or do you physically have to mix it. Ive been doing it for about 1 week now and I see a little bit of...

Is the Bio Claire oil really that different? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, HELP, Any suggestions, has any one had the below experience? The beginning of this year I used Bio Claire in the tub and it worked great, my skin lightened, I looked bright and my completion had never been more even :) . After using the crème for a few months I had an outdoor...

Bio claire [ 4 Answers ]

I have been using bio claire on a consecuitive basis for about 2 months now. The results are absolutoy phenominal. My skin is about 5 shades lighter. I am complimented all the time on my progression. By continuing to use the product day after day will I put myself at risk.

Bio claire! [ 7 Answers ]

Hellurr :D , I'm thinking about using bio claire cream and lotion and I read that a lot of people got good results but after about 2 and a half months they got darker than they were before. So, I'm thinking I should use bio claire for 2 months then use something else to maintain my new...

View more questions Search