Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Niceguy2009 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2009, 11:33 AM
    I do know I should run and run fast, and I should have a long time ago. I do not want to. I know I have so many things going for me and I don't need this. I have been in plenty of relationships however never in love like with her... NEVER... there is somehting weird between us that brings us to be best friends like she agrees. I will not give up unless another guy gets involved, and I don't think that is even a factor right now, but never the less I am in this for the long haul because I really am in love
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Niceguy2009 View Post
    I will not give up unless another guy gets involved
    In my opinion if you draw your line of love to this it's not really love.

Like I've said many many times, give it a year. Both you and her will be stronger and better prepared for a committed relationship.

If this is real love, then what I said above should be no issue.

Sarah
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 11:38 AM
    I do know I should run and run fast, and I should have a long time ago. I do not want to. I know I have soo many things going for me and I dont need this. I have been in plenty of relationships however never in love like with her... NEVER....there is somehting wierd between us that brings us to be best friends like she agrees. I will not give up unless another guy gets involved, and I dont think that is even a factor right now, but never the less I am in this for the long haul because I really am in love
    But another guy WILL get involved, it's inevitable (and he will probably be just like the ex). So, you are flying into a major storm and need to divert your course. You'll be sorry later if you don't.

Apr 9, 2009, 11:38 AM

Why should I put my heart and soul into someone if they don't take it seriously...
    I am certain another man is not a factor and won't be until I am 100% gone and her head is clear...
    However I am saying that if I walk away I may regret it, I probably will. That is the exact words that she said to me 2 days ago when I told her that I neede space.. she said if we don't get back together that she may regret it
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 11:42 AM

If you walk away you will never regret it. You've got everything to gain (peace of mind, no drama, none of the baggage associated with another person's problems) and nothing to lose.

Leave and don't look back.

Apr 9, 2009, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    In my opinion if you draw your line of love to this it's not really love.

Like i've said many many times, give it a year. Both you and her will be stronger and better prepared for a commited relationship.

If this is real love, then what I said above should be no issue.

Sarah

Ok Sarah.. I have thought about this for a bit while I was at the gym...
    I was in a relationship for over 5 years before with my girlfriend and went right to this woman. She was younger and I was unhappy with her for a while. As wrong as it seemed I was with both woman at the same time for a few months then I let go of my Girlfriend.

This woman was definitely my rebound from the longest relationship that I had been in. I didn't give her my entire heart for a whil, but then I got over it and fell in love with her and didn't care for my ex anymore... I went through hell in my head for 6 months... But I am 100% sure I made the right choice because this woman is what I want in life, we have more in common and I am in love, great conversation, great family, respect. etc... everything that I wanted in a relationship, so I can say from experience (and I can't believe it took me this long to realize) that rebounds can work, I guess it is easier for men than women, even though I am an emotional guy...
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 04:15 PM
    Ok Sarah.. I have thought about this for a bit while I was at the gym....
    I was in a relationship for over 5 years before with my girlfriend and went right to this woman. She was younger and I was unhappy with her for a while. As wrong as it seemed I was with both woman at the same time for a few months then I let go of my Girlfriend.

This woman was definately my rebound from the longest relationship that I had been in. I didnt give her my entire heart for a whil, but then I got over it and fell in love with her and didnt care for my ex anymore...I went through hell in my head for 6 months... But I am 100% sure I made the right choice because this woman is what I want in life, we have more in common and I am in love, great conversation, great family, respect. etc....everything that I wanted in a relationship, so I can say from experience (and I can't beleive it took me this long to realize) that rebounds can work, I guess it is easier for men than women, even though I am an emotional guy.....
    It sounds like you answered your own question. So, why the question to start with? Were you just unsure but now you are?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing 4 divorce but reconcile then divorce @ a later time - dividing the property [ 18 Answers ]

I never heard of this before but my friend filed for divorce in 89 but reconciled a few months later. Flash forward 20 yrs & she decides to divorce him again. She went back for the kids & tried to make it work. However, when she went 4 this divorce she was told that they could divide the property...

GIRLFRIEND Won't wait until my divorce is finished. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone... a question here for you.. I have been going through marriage problems and we are separating, I have a son I love to death. The process began and its moving, it just takes time, money and stress . During these hard and tense times I met someone that I truly care about and...

Girlfriend needs information with divorce [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 3 years is married to someone that she does not know where he is. We have two childern together. She wants to get a divorce but wants to know if the childern will affect the divorce or how to get one without knowing where he is. Can someone please help?? SCC

View more questions Search