Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JessMill89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2006, 02:00 PM
    Trying to dy blonde hair to a darker color
    Hey,
    I am sick of being blonde so I am going to dye my hair dark. My brows are dark my hair is blonde is it okay to dye my hair the color of my eye brows?
    I am going for an emo look any advice
    only4beauty Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2006, 03:25 PM
    I did the same, but I regretted so much!!
    The first day you feel, wow I'm a brunette, plus the blowdry straight from the salon looks like a pic from a magazine. Then back to my hairstyling I realized it's not for me, so boring!
    Why don t you try low lights? It gives contrast to the hair and a nice volume and depth... but you cannot do it at home, best to see s stylist.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Sep 11, 2006, 07:31 PM
    Jess, going from blonde to brown may require more than one-process color. If your hair was bleached to blonde, it took out the red tones. Using brown/dark hair colors on blonde hair will sometimes result in a green cast. In order to have a decent brown color, you will need to put back the red tones in your hair and color it to brown. It is best to let a salon professional correct the color for you.
    jezikalynn Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jun 2, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Heyy jess just do it.
    If you don't like it then you can change it back, but after a couple months so you don't kill your hair... I did it and I like it, my hair is naturally blonde and I really hate it but the dark looked good so I kept it, the only thing is that when your hair starts to grow out the black will fade and eventually look almost blonde again.
    And if you don't like it and want to go back blonde leave the bleach in for a few extra minutes or aply it over and over a couple times cause it'll make your hair either go orange or copper trust me I've seen it.
    Good luck on the looks
    jenn4094u Posts: 128, Reputation: 6

Jun 2, 2008, 06:41 PM
    Is The Blonde Natural Or Color? Also, How Long Has It Been Since You Had Your Hair Colored With Anything? Bleach? Haircolor? Perm? I've Been Doing Hair For 14 Years And Need More Info To Help You...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Blonde highlights with dark brown hair [ 6 Answers ]

I just got my hair highlighted blonde/gold today but it's not as subtle as I had hoped. How do I make it fade to a more subtle color as quickly as possible without returning to the salon? Would Prell work?

How do I dye my hair blonde? [ 4 Answers ]

I've just had my hair stripped of its prievious colour and dyed bright orange--huge disarster-- I went back and had it toned down by dying over it, it was OK but I just got back from vacation and the sun and pool have spripped the colour back to a dull urban. I hate it, but I can't afford to change...

How do I darken light blonde hair [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I got some awfully light blonde highlights yesterday, 2 huge chunks on my sides and my whole back is blonde blonde. It's too much for my skin tone. I just don't look right. I have had dark blonde hair before. I'm wondering if I can just buy a dark blonde hair dye and dye over the really...

Can I bleach over strawberry-blonde hair? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everybody, A month ago I wanted to go lighter from a dark/red brown and I bleached it and then put a light brown dye over it as I knew it would go orange, but then I was told to put a pre lightener and an ash blonde in my hair and it turned a nice strawberry blonde. ...

View more questions Search