Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taoplr Posts: 415, Reputation: 144

Apr 8, 2009, 11:30 PM
    How to stop a halogen lamp from humming
    I just replaced a halogen bulb and the new one buzzes (hums). How can I stop this?

Thanks
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 10:10 AM
    The hum or buzz is coming from the filament of the lamp, usually combined with being controlled by a dimmer. Using a better grade lamp should eliminate the hum.

Good luck with that, since most I believe are made in... let me guess... China.

Since the other lamps are not a problem now, those lamps must be working fine on the dimmer. Usually upgrading to a better dimmer is in order when all the lamps hum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman ac is 1yr old and stop running no humming [ 3 Answers ]

My goodman ac is only 1yr old and stop running while we were sleeping we live in new construction home smith and keen said we only have a 1 year warranty through them how can I trouble shoot this problem without spending a whole lot of money

Hampton bay halogen [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchase 2 Hampton Bay Accent lighting systems(models147-466 and 148-652). My question is can I wire them toghter. No where on the boxes does it say whether this can be done, but model 147-466 say itcan take up to 200wats. With both system it only 120 wats. These are going under my kitchen...

Halogen 220 v , 2wire [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 220 volt 2 wire halogen exterior light I've hung. I want to use 2 3-way switches to turn it on/off from the 1st and 2nd floor. Can anyone tell me how to wire it? Thanks, Lorrie

Lamp Out Bell, Won't Stop Beeping! [ 1 Answers ]

My 03 Dodge Ram 1500 won't stop beeping and flashing the lamp out indicator. The only thing is no lamp is out, and all of the fuses are good as well. I notice the annoying beeping the most when I am towing my boat. Does anyone know how to disconnect the buzzer that sounds when a lamp is out?

Halogen lights [ 1 Answers ]

How many 300 wattt Halogen lamps can I run off a 20 amp breaker using 12-2 wire

View more questions Search