Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ana52408 Posts: 152, Reputation: 17

Apr 8, 2009, 08:49 PM
    How do I get her to say yes?
    Well, in may 24rth me and my boyfriend are going to make one year. It's on a Sunday and today we had lunch with his parents and they mentioned his little brother has a baseball tournamentn in west palm beach and that my boyfriend has to go and its on that weekend. So he asked if he can stay with his grandma and they said no that he has to go. And then I'm like when is it? They're like oh the weekend of the 22nd. I'm like oh but that Sunday its our one year? They're like oh OK well too bad. I just felt like crap and I wanted to cry cause how mest up is that for her to not let us see each other on our one year? I mean its his little brother's baseball tournament which he is 10!! It's not like it's a family wedding or something that you HAVE to go. How do I get her to say yes man? Today I've been so down, like how messed up is that? I mean c'mon, he can stay with me as my mom offered but I know his mom will say no to that so he can stay with his grandma. But is there ANYWAY I can just change her mind cause I have no freaking idea on how to even bring it up again and say like HELLO ITS OUR ONE YEAR ITS SPECIAL! :( :( :( I'm so sad :( and mad!:mad:
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 09:07 PM

It is really his place to say something.Its his parents and they are calling the shots.
    I think it would mean more coming from him and he needs to stand up.
    You still have time,let your emotions calm down a little and in the next month just bring it up in casual conversation.
    Maybe your BF does want to be there for the tournament.They are kind of a big deal.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 8, 2009, 09:38 PM

Oh Ana Ana Ana... honey listen. I know you're young, I know you're in love, and I know you may disagree, but hear me out here. It's for your own good, and it will give you extra points with his mother! It a win win!

There is likely not going to be anything you can do to convince Danny's Mom. Don't push this. I understand it's your one yr. date. I know at your age this is huge, and feels like you just CAN'T spend that day without him. You will get through it... I promise you will. The more you push this with Danny's mom, the less you are going to get to see him. You don't want to be pushy with his mom. I know, it sucks, but that will not work in your favour my dear.

But, here is the good news. If you tell his mom that you understand, you are in her good books! Also, what is the next weekend? It's the long wkd. Right? (I'm pretty sure it is) Instead of sitting and crying because you can't be with Danny on "one particular day," use that day to plan a "surprise" for him for your one yr. and one week. He won't be expecting it, which will make it more fun! Use the day when he is gone to plan something really cool for the two of you! Don't forget to include little Bela in your plans. Doing it that way is a lot more fun than sitting at home and being mad at his Mom and moping all day right? It will be even more special and memorable if you do it like this, and Danny will be so surprised when you say, you're Mom is right, go and watch your little brother. I'll miss you, but have a good time! ;)

Apr 8, 2009, 09:38 PM

Nahh, I wouldn't be posting here whining about it if he would like to go and wouldn't you think it would be a little mean? :/

He was really mad actually and he made me realize how mest up it is!!

He insisted on staying with his grandma and he asked her if I can go and she said they're would be no room for me and anyway why would I want to spend my one year with a bunch of little 10 year olds? I'm just so hurt I mean I know he can't make a decision if she makes him go but man c'mon its so mean every time I think about it I get water in my eyes of how they know its our one year and allllll cause a freaking little baseball tournament.

They're being selfish to us, its not fair! :(
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Apr 8, 2009, 09:45 PM

I have to agree with the Mother. Family first always. Just because you have been "dating" this guy for a year does not give you precedent. His family has been his family before you came along and, no offense, they will be his family when the two of you break up.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Apr 8, 2009, 09:57 PM

You can throw out all the red dots you want it won't change a thing. This place is full of people just like you that think their teenage/highschool relationship will lead to a life long marriage and so on... maybe you will, maybe you won't and my money is on you 2 being over relatively soon and THAT is why it is more important that he be there for his little brother. You are looking at this from a very selfish point of view.
    Whatever24 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Apr 8, 2009, 10:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    Oh Ana Ana Ana...honey listen. I know you're young, I know you're in love, and I know you may disagree, but hear me out here. It's for your own good, and it will give you extra points with his mother! It a win win!

There is likely not going to be anything you can do to convince Danny's Mom. Don't push this. I understand it's your one yr. date. I know at your age this is huge, and feels like you just CAN'T spend that day without him. You will get through it...I promise you will. The more you push this with Danny's mom, the less you are going to get to see him. You don't want to be pushy with his mom. I know, it sucks, but that will not work in your favour my dear.

But, here is the good news. If you tell his mom that you understand, you are in her good books! Also, what is the next weekend? It's the long wkd. right? (I'm pretty sure it is) Instead of sitting and crying because you can't be with Danny on "one particular day," use that day to plan a "surprise" for him for your one yr. and one week. He won't be expecting it, which will make it more fun! Use the day when he is gone to plan something really cool for the two of you! Don't forget to include little Bela in your plans. Doing it that way is alot more fun than sitting at home and being mad at his Mom and moping all day right? It will be even more special and memorable if you do it like this, and Danny will be so surprised when you say, you're Mom is right, go and watch your little brother. I'll miss you, but have a good time! ;)

That's a great idea starby, but we go to ALL of his little brother's games and to my boyfriend's basketball games only his dad and me go. It just hurts me man and every single time I think about it I start to cry. Like its so special for us cause were so close were eachother's best friends, we always laugh and cry together were always there for each other and his mom is sometimes so selfish, this isn't the first time she does something hurtful for us, I mean I just don't understand why she has to be so mean.. ayy I guess I'm just so sad I can't look at the bright side and do the little surprise but my gosh I'm so down and oh I'm not going to bug her about it trust me I'm the farthest thing from that. Im just going to sit and talk to her and be like "look you know me and danny's one year is really special to us and i really want us to be together so i would really appreciate it if maybe you would allow him to stay with his grandma cause it would really mean a lot for the both of us" if she says no ill just say OK thank you, sorry you can't understand but thanks for listening and turn around and walk the other way. Im a person that doesn't have patience and I don't want to say something wrong get me?

P.S-omg bela is going so great and she's so cute, she loveeeesss going to the park and fetching toys and its so funny cause she's so small and she grabs my boyfriends hugeeee sandal and runs away with it and we start chasing her and playing with her all over the house, she's just so cute I have to take new pictures cause she grew! :rolleyes:

I'm so proud of her she's been doing all her business outside and she's not chewing anymore toys! :) hehehhe
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 8, 2009, 10:08 PM

Ana, she is his mother and the one in charge. You are his girlfriend that has only been around for a year. Do you want to cause big problems just because of one day? If you keep pushing this, you are only going to shoot yourself in the foot, trust me. His mother has final say in this, and if you keep whining and causing a problem in their family, you will be the first to go. You really are the one being selfish when you look at the big picture her... not Danny's mother.

You are acting the same way as when you got Bela. It was your way or no way. If you keep this up, he will be going out of town and other places with his family a lot more often, trust me. You need to back off this one. It's not the day when time stands still and the waters divide for you and Danny! Stop stomping your feet, and stop being a drama queen. This will not work in your favour.

You trusted us before with our advice. Trust us this time too.

Apr 8, 2009, 10:12 PM

Ayy :/ but its not just a particular day it's a special day. Im not going to whine and complain to them obviously ill only ask once and that is that. I know she has the final say but they are being a little selfish themselves if they can't let us spend our little special day together.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 8, 2009, 10:12 PM

Whoa! What is going on here Ana? Do you have two accounts?

Apr 8, 2009, 10:15 PM

Whoooopss I was on my sis's screename sorry we share a computer

Apr 8, 2009, 10:15 PM

No one is my sister's and we share a computer and both of us have an account.

And yes she's 18 and I'm 15

Apr 8, 2009, 10:19 PM

And I guess you guys are right by the way... and sorry I'm still logged on to my sister's, I'm just saying here, I'm just going to stand up and act like everything is fine. My sister and my mom both agree with all of you too...
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 8, 2009, 10:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever24 View Post
    no one is my sister's and we share a computer and both of us have an account.

and yes she's 18 and im 15
    Use your own account Ana. Don't use your sis's, or I will have to report that one person is on here with two accounts. It also just gets confusing. Also Ana, you can't give reddies just because you personally disagree. You know that.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 8, 2009, 10:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever24 View Post
    and i guess you guys are right btw....and sorry im still logged on to my sister's, im just saying here, im just going to stand up and act like everything is fine. My sister and my mom both agree with all of you too....
    Listen to your sis and your Mom honey. You will be better to do that, and things will work out much better in the long run.

Apr 8, 2009, 10:25 PM

Nahh chill, there is no reason why I would have two accounts, trust me, that wouldn't make sense. Cause if I have something to ask why wouldn't I just ask it on one account?

Sorry its just we share a laptop and we were both checking our askmehelpdesk's.

Apr 8, 2009, 10:26 PM

I agree starby I will think about how to be cool with it and just agree to it.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 8, 2009, 10:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana52408 View Post
    i agree starby i will think about how to be cool with it and just agree to it.
    Cool! Start planning the surprise! Everyone celebrates it on "the day." Why not make it the special thing that is just yours! One yr and one week! Think out of the box!

Edit: Some people do open two accts. to try and ask questions, pretending to be different people. That's why I asked.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 08:33 AM

I was in your boyfriend's shoes when I was about your age. Only, I chose to be with my boyfriend (at the time), rather than go to my younger brother's birthday party. I, to this day, regret not going to the party.

I was 16. I'm now a few months shy of 30.

Let him go to the tournament. It will mean a lot to his brother, and it will, like others have said, give you Brownie points with the Mom.

Family comes first.

Apr 9, 2009, 07:03 PM

What do you guys suggest I do? Omgosh how about I do a little scavenger hunt in his house and he has to find the 12 different things ill put out with clues will that be cute? I want to do something that doesn't include waisting money, you know, recession :/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search