Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristin0820 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2009, 04:34 PM
    I wish he would sign away his rights!
    I have two beautiful children.They both have my x's last name.I would like to get it changed back to mine.I am getting married soon and my fiancé would also like to adopt my children.So does this mean the biological father must sign some sort of paper giving all rights away?Someone help me... I have no idea where to begin... I just want to start a new life!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 8, 2009, 04:37 PM

You begin by getting married. Then you consult an attorney. The attorney will prepare the adoption petition. As part of that petition they will prepare paperwork to terminate the bio father's rights. However if he refuses there is little you can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What rights does a parent give when they sign over parental rights? [ 2 Answers ]

When I was 16 my mom signed over her parental rights, I am now 23 and have a kid. What rights to her grand kid does she have?

If I sign my rights over? [ 2 Answers ]

OK me and my x have not been together in a whle.I have a son who is almost a year old she will not let me see him I have to pay 400.00 a mon I am in debt! She wants me to sign my rights over if I do so do I still have to pay child support?

Sign over my rights [ 3 Answers ]

My ex-girlfriend moved my daughter out of state last year. I have paid support for 9 yrs. I do not get to see my daughter because of the move and I cannot afford to go back to court. How do I go about relinquishing my rights and does my ex need to approve?

How do I sign my rights off? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have to 2 kids in Pa and I don't get to see them and they have a new mother now... I'm paying child support for them I don't know why I should pay I don't talk to them or see them Please tell me how!!

How do I sign my rights away? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a three year old daughter that lives in Kentucky with her mother, and I currently am married to another woman whom I have two children with and we reside in Florida. I am not allowed to see my child in Kentucky because her mother won't let me. I would like to give up my rights to her, what...

View more questions Search