Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2004_4x4 Posts: 29, Reputation: -2

Apr 8, 2009, 02:15 PM
    Mr YET .small claims,discovery,admissions,denial,interrogatories
    I have been going back and fourth with a CA since December.I have followed all advice I could get from this site.

I finally received the response when I asked them for production of documents.
    It is all a bunch of BS.in general it says...

1)general objection when I ask them to prove the debt is mine.
    2)reservations with a bunch of BS that the normal person cannot understand.
    3)specifis objections saying that under GA law that a signed contract is not required.

So basically... they sent me nothing that proves the debt is mine.

I have asked for Validation... all I got was a print out.
    I sent a SWORN DENIAL.filed for DISCOVERY.
    I answered all the stuff they sent me by basically saying I don't recall this debt so I can't admit or deny.I have asked them for admission of facts.

What now??
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 05:19 PM
    Wait for 30 days to pass,then send a Notice of Default. Contact me then.

Apr 9, 2009, 04:41 AM

What do I say with the Notice of Default?do you have a sample?

Apr 9, 2009, 12:14 PM

Here are the dates that items were sent and revieved.

12/29 answered the summons

1/14 validation request

1/21 sworn denial & discovery

3/20 second request for discovery
    Letter to the court asking for 30 day extension after I receive the discovery

4/3 letter from court-judge denies my request and orders me to answer the admission of facts and interrogatories

4/8 answered admission of facts (not admit or deny)
    Answered plaintiffs first interrogorties (not admit or deny)

Sent notice of intend to defend

Requested admission of facts
    Gave 30 days to answer

1)you do not have the original signed contract
    2)you do not have solid proof that the alleged debt belongs to me.
    3)you do not have a live witness from capitol one stating that I owe this debt.
    4) you do not have a case.

Received from plaintiff lawyer

12/24 received summons

3/4 received request for production of documents

First interrogatories to defendandant

First request for admissions of facts to defendant

4/8 received my request for production of documents
    (they sent me nothing that proves the debt is mine.)

This is generally what they sent to me...

1)general objection when I ask them to prove the debt is mine.
    2)reservations with a bunch of BS that the normal person cannot understand.
    3)specifis objections saying that under GA law that a signed contract is not required.

What could me next 2-3 steps be?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 12:36 PM

You have to wait 30 days - as Mryet advised you.

Apr 9, 2009, 04:35 PM

JudyKayTee... I understand that I need to wait 30 days.just asking what my next steps should be and how to word the notice of default.I listed everything that has happened so that he or anyone who wants to respond,would have a bigger picture and respond according to what I have already done.
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 04:49 PM

Sorry but you asked specifically for Mr.Yet to answer you and he specifically said to wait 30 days.

This is Mr.Yet's specialty and he makes that request for a reason.

Apr 9, 2009, 05:52 PM

Would this be 30 day from receiving their response for my request for production of documents.I sent the second request and filed it with the court.when I returned home,I received their response in the mail.all this happened on 4/8.it took them 2 months to respond only to send me nothing that verifies this is my debt.

Apr 13, 2009, 11:39 AM

The last page states...

Specific OBJECTIONS AND RESPONSES

Plaintiff objects to this request to the extent that the card issuer does not require a signed application or consent to the card holder agreement,and no such signed document is required by Georgia Law.See Davis v. Discover Bank,277 Ga. App. 864.Subject to said objection,Plaintiff is not in possession of any such document.

Apr 13, 2009, 12:32 PM

This is for mr yet or anyone with advise.I am only stating the last page of the response for the request for discovery which clearly they admit they do not have this document..

Judykaytee,
    Do I need to pass what I put on here by you to see if you approve?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2009, 04:17 PM
    File with the court a Motion to Dismiss for lack of positive proof of their alleged claim.
    Plaintiff is not in possession of the orignial contract, whereas no contract exists I hereby move to dismiss with prejudice.

File with court and mail copy to plaintiff.

If no contract exisits they have no claim.

Apr 14, 2009, 02:00 PM

Can someone tell me about this so-called law in Georgia?
    Davis v. Discover Bank, 277 Ga. App. 864
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2009, 02:11 PM

It's not a Law. That is a case citation. Here it is from the Oregon case which quoted it:

"Although Oregon courts have not previously addressed the issue of when credit card agreements become binding, our conclusion is consistent with a decision of the Georgia Court of Appeals. In Davis v. Discover Bank, 277 Ga App 864, 627 SE2d 819 (2006), Discover Bank (Discover) brought an action against the defendant to collect on a credit card debt. The trial court granted Discover's motion for summary judgment and the defendant appealed that ruling, arguing that Discover had failed to present evidence that he signed a credit application. The court held:

"Discover need not produce a copy of Davis's application to establish the existence of a valid credit card debt.

"[A] contract was effectuated in this case when [Discover] issued its credit card to the defendant to be accepted by [him] in accordance with the terms and conditions therein set forth, or at [his] option to be rejected by [him]. Such rejection need take the form of returning the card, or simply its non-use. The issuance of the card to the defendant amounted to a mere offer on plaintiff's part, and the contract became entire when [the] defendant retained the card and thereafter made use of it. The card itself then constituted a formal and binding contract."

Apr 14, 2009, 02:18 PM

Thank You Judy...
    Just wondering why the lawyer stated his objections saying that under GA law that a signed contract is not required.using this Davis v. Discover Bank, 277 Ga App 864.
    Is this common for attornys ?
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2009, 02:20 PM

He's using Georgia as a point of reference, referring to being in agreement with the Georgia decision. Yes, it happens all the time. The Attorney referred to other case law.

Apr 14, 2009, 02:24 PM

Thanks... should I go ahead now and file the Motion to Dismiss?

Apr 14, 2009, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004_4x4 View Post
    the last page states...

SPECFIC OBJECTIONS AND RESPONSES

Plaintiff objects to this request to the extent that the card issuer does not require a signed application or consent to the card holder agreement,and no such signed document is required by Georgia Law.See Davis v. Discover Bank,277 Ga. App. 864.Subject to said objection,Plaintiff is not in possession of any such document.

Here again is exactly how he has it worded... he is stating that it IS ga law.

Apr 14, 2009, 02:40 PM

Judy... thanks again for your valuable input.
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2009, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004_4x4 View Post
    Here again is exactly how he has it worded....he is stating that it IS ga law.

Right, the Oregon decision is quoting the Georgia law - you cited the case, not the law.

Apr 14, 2009, 02:54 PM

So when the Attorney states that the Plaintiff is not in possession of any such document and that no such document exist,I now have a good leg to stand on by filing the motion to dismiss and winning?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery process in small claims [ 3 Answers ]

We filed a small claims suit against a contractor. Their attorney is on his third continuance to support the discovery process. Three questions: (A) on the request for admission, do I simply state Yes or No or is it OK to briefly outline facts to redirect the request for admission (the questions...

Discovery in Small Claims Court [ 3 Answers ]

I was sued by a debt collector in small claims court. I filed my answer and a pretrial conference was scheduled for March 30. Then I received a Request for Admissions and a request for production of documents from their lawyers. Are they not jumping the gun a little bit to be sending me this before...

Discovery Small Claims Collection Company Documentation [ 2 Answers ]

On the pre-trial statement in a lawsuit filed by a debt collection company they stated that they would complete discovery within 60 days and they listed all the items they had. This time has since passed. The case has gone to trial which is this Tuesday. Just this past Thursday they subpoenaed a...

Small Claims Debt Validation Sworn Denial Letter Valid 30 Days After Demand Letter my [ 1 Answers ]

Zwicker has sued me for alleged debt and I am representing myself in Michigan in court. The details are as follows. I have only received one demand letter from them dated December 26, 2006. The letter did not provide any information that is required by the Fair Debt Collections Act to dispute...

View more questions Search