Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    September06 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2006, 10:19 AM
    Anxiety (G.A.D), who is familiar with this.
    25/f. So I've had 'anxiety' for about over 7 Years now. I've been off and on different medications. But over the past 3-4yrs I'm only on Klonopine and I'm just 'winging' myself off it. I'd rather not be on any medications. The severity of my anxiety is what bothers me. Because of the anxiety and/or side effects I am not able to do things on my own. The most important is driving. I do not fear driving. I know how to drive. But when I want to drive I get all anxious. Nervous. Mostly my eyes , as weird as that sounds.. it feels like my eyes hurt.. I can't have them focus. I get all shaky and I'd rather not drive... I haven't for YEARS. Yes, awful! I've tried councling, hypnotherapy but nothing seems to work. I relax, write down my feeings. What can I do to not feel like this anymore, it has taken 7 years of my life and I'm only 25 years old and a single parent! Image not being able to have your own transportation for your child? Maybe I can deal with the anxiety. I guess my most important thing I want to do is 'drive' how, who,where, when.. etc. HELP!
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Sep 11, 2006, 01:46 PM
    If you aren't experiencing relief then please please take that up with the doctors involved rather than take matters into your own hands. They need to know that! Also some psychotropic drugs need to be stepped down from carefully too-- I hope that is what you meant being "winging"? Suddenly stopping can be very unpleasant, traumatic even. And should you find that you don't have a good enough rapport with them, please consider other doctors or therapists. Some are quite talented and others are not. I would guess, having overcome a lot of fears myself, that you'll need both medication and cognitive behavior therapy to affect this. It will be work. But fortunately hard work like this often pays off. I don't know of any simpler magic fix-- I am sorry.

Sep 11, 2006, 05:11 PM
    Thank You, I know I need help in a lot of areas. I just need to not give up and keep trying. But every time I try I feel the same. But I have to think positive right. :-) Thanks a bunch! I will look into that.
    positively01 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2006, 01:58 PM
    I, too, have been diagnosed with G.A.D. (about 8 years ago), but it is something I've learned to live with, that is, with the help of a great psychiatrist and the proper medications. In addition to your anxiety, you may have some depression, and it is very important to find a good doctor who really knows the meds and work with you to find the combination that works for you.

You are very young and have a child, so hang in there. It CAN get better, believe me. It will take a psychiatrist to prescribe the proper medications. I would strongly recommend that you don't leave this up to a general practitioner. Also, it helps to talk with someone, and you might need to shop around to find a good counselor, someone you feel comfortable with. I have sought counseling from time to time on specific issues, but I see my psychatrist about every six months, so that she can monitor my meds.

I wish you the very best.

Sep 22, 2006, 02:23 PM
    Thank You 'positevely01'. It's a good sigh of relieve to know that someone out there has or is going through this. I'm glad that your G.A.D has got better for you. I would like to know more about your G.A.D if possible, you can send me a 'private email' please. Thank You again for all your words of advise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anxiety Panic [ 4 Answers ]

As many people have said that their symptoms are not voluntary actions and are not intentional but their impulsive. When people are not aware of the panic or anxiety attacks a person has what then should the person who has the disorder do if the other person isn't aware of their disorder?...

Some kind of anxiety in my lab? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I just moved to a new place, and our 7 month old lab has started acting a little strangely. She doesn't really act this way when I'm home, but my husband tells me that when I leave she'll run around the house, then go into the room he's in, whine, and back out of the room. And...

90 civic si starting problems... (sound familiar?) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys boy am I glad I stubled on this site! Well let me start by saying I have read through every thread in here and found none that are simmular to my problem. I just bought a project car from the police auction it is a 90 civic si. The problem that I have is when I turn the key all I...

Anxiety [ 2 Answers ]

Here I am at home again. I was invited to visit with a co-worker this weekend. I really want to go. I enjoy her company and we get along well at work. I didn't call. This happens all the time with me. There are so many things that I enjoy, people, church, friends, family, picnics, etc. At work, I...

View more questions Search