Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajdavis Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2009, 08:23 AM
    How can I get taller?
    How can I get taller? Im 13 yrs of age. I don't know my exact height but I'm really sure its between 5'1-4'11?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2009, 08:26 AM

That is not unusual at all for age 13.

There is not a realistic method for getting taller.

Trust in what is the norm: You WILL grow taller.

And if you are not happy with the height that you get to at your maximum, then Google "famous short people" and you will see that height is a non-issue. :)

... but of course that's 4-5 years down the road :)
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 08:30 AM
    Eat nutritious foods, stretch and play sports. Most of all be outside instead of inside watching t.v.

Your 13 you still have time to grow- you can help your growth by doing these things [and also getting a good nights rest everyday], after this it's all up to genetics.

MRS.S

Apr 9, 2009, 10:01 AM
    OK. :)
    Thanks for the info
    taoplr Posts: 415, Reputation: 144

Apr 9, 2009, 11:58 AM
    You can't change your genetics, but you can max out your potential for growing tall.

Work on your posture. This is the one thing that you can do to get quick results. Don't try to stretch yourself upward, but instead, work on finding the natural alignment of your head, neck, and back so that your spine is comfortable and long. If you slouch, correct that. You are not too young to take Alaxander, Feldenkrais, Pilates, body building, yoga, or martial arts classes. All of these can improve your posture.

Eat healthy food. People have been growing taller than their parents because the nutrition they get is better that their parents got. Lay off the sugar and junk food.

Get plenty of exercise. You activate all kinds of hormones and growth factors when you exercise; don't overdo it, though. Be true to yourself and rest when you need it. And if you decide to work out with weights to build up your body, don't concentrate on building big upper body muscles while ignoring your legs. Balance your workouts. Work your legs. According to Chinese medicine, they are the engines of your growth.

Get enough sleep. Your body needs it to repair and grow.

Stay away from steroids. Period.

If you start working on your body at your current age, by the time your growth has stopped, you will have done the maximum you can do. You will also have a fit, strong body that will serve you no matter your height.
    xxxfifoxxx Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 12:25 PM

Aww don't worry if you are small at the moment you are only 13 you still a long time until you are fully grown
    I wouldn't worry about it honestly,
    There's not much you can do to speed it up though I'm afraid.

5"4 isn't that short anyway :)

Apr 10, 2009, 09:06 AM

Oh. How about jogging? Can this help? Because I want to lose weight and gain height. :). Because I'm going to jog from the start of may to the last week of June.

Apr 10, 2009, 09:32 AM

XfifoX just one question. Why did you mentioned 5''4? I'm not 5''4. I'm like 5''1-4''11. Is my height OK for my age? This is ajdavis
    miniman760 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2010, 07:43 PM

I need to grow fast please like give me specifics on what to eat what do do when to go to be all that stuff
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Aug 2, 2010, 10:46 PM

Improve your posture !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to get taller [ 10 Answers ]

I really want to get taller! I'm 5 feet tall, 16 years old... I've been doing a lot of research on pills mainly bcause I really don't like shots... I talked to my pediatrician and said that considering the date I got my first period it is very hard that I might grow up a couple more inches and...

How To Get Taller? [ 1 Answers ]

Iight Well My Question Is “How To Get Tall”, I Know I’m Not The Only One Asking. People Complain Why We Shorter People Want To Be Tall But They Don’t Know What We Go Through There’s Always Somebody To Ruin It For Somebody Else. Short People Whom Are Shorter Then The Short Ones Asking How To Get...

I want to be taller [ 11 Answers ]

So my dad's 5'11 and my mom's 5'1. I'm a male and about 5'7 and 1/2 and 16. I'm wondering if I will ever reach 6 foot. Any answers?

Can I become more taller? [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I am 25 years old and my height is 5'2". My father is also 5'2" in height. My mother is 5'4" tall and my younger sister who is only 16 years old is already 5'7" tall. I wish to know the reason for me being short and whether I can grow taller than my sister. I have always seen...

Is he going to get any taller? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. This may be a strange question, but Im curious. You may not even be able to answer it. So here it goes... Me and my boyfriend are both 15. Im 5'6 1/2 And he is 6'4" He is almost a foot taller then me. Do you think he will get any taller? Its not a growth spurt or anything.

View more questions Search