Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 8, 2009, 09:09 AM

They always do the 'silly dance' when they are finally allowed to get off the table lol
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 8, 2009, 09:10 AM

Mine do the, roll on mommies bed, throw the pillow around, get all the itchy hair off on mommies blanky, run to the backyard, roll in the grass, get all dirty, then grin dance.

Yup, they're oodles of fun! :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 8, 2009, 09:11 AM

Haha... yep you win!. or lose... lol
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 8, 2009, 09:13 AM

It's a bit of both Shaz. ;)
    lostinneverland Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Jun 22, 2009, 07:25 AM
    Some Does (female rabbits) just arnt cut out to be mothers and sometimes they will eat them, not feed them, or accidentally smother them. Those things can also happen if you touch the kits (baby rabbits) - most does will reject their kits if they have been handle by human hands, just like most other animals. For example - if a kit falls or accidentally gets kicked out of the nest box put rubber gloves on before picking it up and returning to the box.

Does need to be provided with a nest box - basically a regualar wooden box, the top is only covered halfway (its a place for the mother to be able to rest away from the kits when they are old enough to start roaming away from the box), and the front board is shorter in heighth for easier access.

Plenty of straw or haw needs to be provided for the mother to builder her nest inside the box, she'll had her own hair that she pulls from her tummy to the mix as well.

I feed my pregnant rabbits 16% protein rabbit food instead of the standard 8%. The 16 is used for meat rabbits, rabbits that suffer from weight loss, and I like to give it to my brood Does because the extra protein is good for them.

It is best that the cage that the babies are born in and stay in until weined have baby wire around the bottom sides of the cage or at least a board so that the kits don't fall out through the standard rabbit wire.

---Just an note before you decide to breed ---

I am a firm believer that animals should be bred only to improve future generations - weather its for better personality characteristics, conformation, color, size, etc. I just think that before you breed your rabbits you need to make sure that you are bring desirable kits into the world. Know what you are doing before you breed. Don't let it be a guessing game - running test after test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pest rabbits [ 3 Answers ]

I live in the country planted a vegetable ,the rabbits are eating it up ,How do I stop them?

Rabbits - outside or in? [ 4 Answers ]

My dad has just bought two rabbits or my son but I am unsure whether they should be outside or not please help. I have two german shepherds too.

Hungry rabbits [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble with rabbits eating my flowers. Especially venca and of all things marigolds. Any suggestions?

Rabbits In Winter [ 1 Answers ]

My rabbit has been in the shed since November I was wondering when I should bring him back outside in the garden. :) :) :) :)

View more questions Search