Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 2, 2009, 12:51 PM

Love it, I'll try it too. Bunny's are funny, they much prefer the homemade toys to the store bought ones. :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 3, 2009, 02:39 AM

Yeah I have found that as well, mine love anything made of cardboard!
    I just snapped some pictures, Dora has her collar off now and hasn't touched her stitches so fingers crossed.
    Diego doesn't even know they are there!
    I picked him up yesterday and put him on his back on my lap just to check everything was OK and I thought they has made a mistake...
    He still has his two little lumps and I couldn't see anything different, then I looked very closely and I say two tiny little blue threads... they did a very good job!
    Dora's was a tad more obvious because she has a bald tummy! Lol
    Uber Member

May 3, 2009, 02:55 AM
    Ok, here are the promised pictures...

First one: Diego and his wonky ears lol

2nd one - Diego rubbing his chin on the parrot toy

3rd one - Diego nibbling on the parrot toy

4th one - Dora being very angry at me

The bottom one is their temporary enclosure, They are missing their blankets though because they are in the wash at the moment :)
    Attached Images

Pets Expert

May 3, 2009, 03:31 AM

They are adorable. I love Dora's angry look, too cute.

Diego has really nice coloring, love the floppy ears. I've never owned a lop eared, always wanted one, maybe one day, if hubby lets me get a fifth! :)
    Uber Member

May 3, 2009, 04:05 AM

Diego is a very unusual color, it's hard to capture on camera, when we took him to the vet on Friday they asked what color he was and we were at a bit of a blank lol
    We had to just get him out of the pet carrier and show them, then the receptionist just went "oh.. um he's a ... let's say... chocolate with black points" lol

I'm in love with lops, they just have the cutest faces :) I hope you can get a 5th one! It would be well worth it. They are the laziest of the breeds too, when we let Dora for her run in the backyard she hops a few steps, muches some grass then belly flops lol

I can't wait till they are all healed, they can't go outside for a run for 2 weeks :( They get to run in the house for about half hour a day but I feel mean not giving them their 'outside time'

Once they go in the big bunny run they can run and jump to their hearts content lol, I'll post a pic of that too when it's finished, it's insane!
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2009, 04:20 AM

Love the bunny belly flop, Thumper is my flopper. He'll be hopping around doing his thing and then all of a sudden... FLOP! The first few times he did it it looked like he just dropped dead, scared the crap out of me. Naughty bunny! ;)

Cotton is my binky bunny, he's a binkying fool. Get him in an open space and it's hop binky, binky, binky, hop and then some more. I love it.

Oreo is my climbing bunny. He can get onto the furnitue with just one little hop. It comes in handy when the dogs are around.

Kilala just love to explore. I don't think there's one corner of our house she hasn't inspected, sniffed and pooped on.

I'd love a lop eared. We almost got one when we went to adopt Kilala, but she struck a chord with us. She was totally destroying everything in her cage, throwing things around, having a blast. When I put my finger in the cage she came and sniffed it, accepted a little pet on the head, that was it, I was in love.

They all have such different personalities, love them to bunny bits. :)
    Uber Member

May 3, 2009, 04:36 AM

They really do have different personalities :) I don't if it's because he is crabby about being fixed but Diego tosses everything around... I get the dustpan and broom out to sweep up the poop and he grabs the dustpan and tries to pull it out of my hands lol I usually end up giving in and letting them out while I sweep their little runs.

I'd really love for my dogs to get along with the bunnies.. they sniff each other through the wire but I wouldn't risk letting them free together... Brody tends to rip the stuffing out of toys and he might mistakes the bunies for one!
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2009, 04:49 AM

The only dog we allow near the bunnies is Indy, our 14 year old lab. They hop on his back, nibble on his tail, lick his nose, you name it. He loves them, but his eyesight is bad, he probably thinks they're puppies. ;)

I wouldn't trust Chewy and Jasper with the bunnies for one second. I don't think either one would hurt them intentionally, but they play rough and the bunnies don't.

Diego sounds like Kilala, welcome to a little handful. :)
    Uber Member

May 3, 2009, 04:58 AM

Lol yep, I'm not used to having a naughty bunny! It's a welcome change though, he's a funy little thing, I thought it would take him a while to settle in and show his true colors but it didn't take him long, he's only been here 3 days!

And yep, I'm going with he thinks they are puppies hehe
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2009, 05:02 AM

Naughty bunnies are fun, they give you a run for your money.

Kilala is just a little stinker, the smallest of the 4 with the biggest attitude. I think she could kick anyone's arse, even Oreo's and Oreo is at least 2 times her size!

Yup, she's the bunny version of me. Go figure! ;)
    Uber Member

May 3, 2009, 05:05 AM

Haha, have you made her a little soap box to stand on... you should make that into a new avatar lol

I do love your use of the good old soap box.
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2009, 05:18 AM

I love my soap box, climb up on it often, it has it's uses. :)

I have my coffee now, I'm happy. The birds are chirping. Why are they so farking happy? Darn birds! ;)
    Uber Member

May 3, 2009, 05:23 AM

Bleck, we have a big tree right outside our bedroom window... I'm thinking of getting one of those cut out cats with the shiny eyes to put in it.

Either that or a real kitten... I worry for my leather couch though, it's new and I don't want kitty scratches on it! Lol
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2009, 05:25 AM

We have a few trees and they're all bird friendly.

Don't get me wrong, love birds, they're adorable, just not at 6am!

Shut up birds, jeesh, some people are trying to sleep around here! Hee, hee. :)
    Uber Member

May 3, 2009, 06:15 AM

Birds scare me :o
    My partners mother has a princess parrot, he's cute when he's in his cage... I run when she lets him out
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2009, 06:23 AM

I have a cockatiel that is the sweetest bird ever, absolutely love him/her (ya, we don't know the sex). :o

I think it's a she, hubby thinks it's a he, the kids call her/him an it. It works, that way we're not insulting her/him. Good golly that's hard to write! :eek:
    Uber Member

May 3, 2009, 06:37 AM

Haha, well... I just googled sexing a cockatiel and came up with not much...
    Oh well, he/she won't know that you don't know lol
    Maybe it's both, like Mudweider lol
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2009, 06:49 AM

From what I've heard you can usually determine a cockatiels sex by their coloring. Here's the funny thing, our cockatiel is a very unusual color.

We got it (hee, hee) from a guy that hubby works with, his son was allergic. They got it (hee, hee) from a breeder. This person has been breeding cockatiels all her life and she could not for the life of her determine whether Marty was a boy or a girl.

No eggs ever so maybe she's a boy. ;)
    Uber Member

May 3, 2009, 06:55 AM

Poor little it lol wouldn't the males have some sort of uhh... apendage that you could find? (I know nothing about birds! Lol)
    Doesn't matter anyway :)

And umm.. Marty is in McFly lol
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2009, 07:46 AM

Marty was the name the former bird parents gave it. I hate calling her/him an it, sounds so sad. :(

Poor Marty. Maybe it's a he/she. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pest rabbits [ 3 Answers ]

I live in the country planted a vegetable ,the rabbits are eating it up ,How do I stop them?

Rabbits - outside or in? [ 4 Answers ]

My dad has just bought two rabbits or my son but I am unsure whether they should be outside or not please help. I have two german shepherds too.

Hungry rabbits [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble with rabbits eating my flowers. Especially venca and of all things marigolds. Any suggestions?

Rabbits In Winter [ 1 Answers ]

My rabbit has been in the shed since November I was wondering when I should bring him back outside in the garden. :) :) :) :)

View more questions Search