Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Apr 7, 2009, 07:38 PM
    Where's my phone?
    Hey... check this site out! If you ever lose your phone and don't have another phone to call it with...

Where's My Cell Phone - Call your misplaced cell phone fast!

It's free and they say on the site that they keep no records of numbers called.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 07:55 PM
    That's amazing. How does it do that?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2009, 09:02 PM

Would not be to sure of that.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    Would not be to sure of that.
    What do you mean? It worked when I tried it.
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2009, 05:47 AM

I mean that they do not keep your number in the database or that it is not recorded.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2009, 05:50 AM
    Why couldn't you use any phone in the world to phone your cell? And chances are the cell phone is not on for it to ring. Plus I wouldn't trust that site with my cell phone number.

Apr 8, 2009, 07:12 AM

Well, one morning I couldn't find my phone and I had no other way to locate it other than to go to one of my neighbors homes. It was cold outside, it was real early in the morning and I had an appointment to go to... Point is, there's not always another phone around to call it with. Wish I knew about this site then!

But I've used it and I've never received any calls or texts or charges for anything.
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2009, 07:23 AM

I get charged whenever anybody calls my phone.

Apr 8, 2009, 08:15 AM

Well then, don't use it. If you are scared of being charged or think someone is going to call or text you if you enter your number in there, then don't do it!

All I can say is, I've used it and have had NO charges, no texts or calls resulting from using this service. I've used it on two different phones, one being a pre-paid, with the same results... NO charges, NO calls, NO texts.

Simple... don't use it if you don't feel comfortable, but if others want to use it, let them... Jeez...
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 08:23 AM

I want to know how you would have computer usage and not be able to locate a phone. That would be odd. I imagine it could happen.

Apr 8, 2009, 08:26 AM

Why would that be odd? Cell phones get misplaced all the time, though I've never misplaced my computer!
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 08:30 AM

Misplace your cell phone, no access to a land line but a computer at your disposal. I just don't run into that set up often, if ever, in my personal life.

Apr 8, 2009, 08:33 AM

I know a lot of people who only use cell phones anymore. I could see your point if most people were still using dial-up internet connections, but that's not the case anymore... so again, why is this odd?
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 08:42 AM

To me it was odd. I have told you why I think so. I see your point, but here we have computers and landlines still.

Apr 8, 2009, 08:58 AM

This is such a silly thing to argue about, and I really can't believe how this turned out!

Main thing is, use it if you feel comfortable. If not, and if you have no use for it, then don't use it! Simple as that.

Personally, I'd like to see posts from people who have actually used the service and either 1.)had a perfectly good experience and didn't get charged or any unwanted calls or texts... or... 2.)people who have used it and DID get charged or DID get unwanted texts/calls. That certainly seems more helpful.

So, here's my "help"... I've used it 3 times on 2 different phones (one pre-paid), and haven't been charged anything nor have I got any unwanted texts or calls as a result of using the service.
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2009, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by passmeby View Post
    This is such a silly thing to argue about, and I really can't believe how this turned out!!

Main thing is, use it if you feel comfortable. If not, and if you have no use for it, then don't use it!! Simple as that.

Personally, I'd like to see posts from people who have actually used the service and either 1.)had a perfectly good experience and didn't get charged or any unwanted calls or texts.....or......2.)people who have used it and DID get charged or DID get unwanted texts/calls. That certainly seems more helpful.

So, here's my "help".....I've used it 3 times on 2 different phones (one pre-paid), and haven't been charged anything nor have I got any unwanted texts or calls as a result of using the service.
    You need to chill out. It is not an argument but fact. If you were asking that from people maybe you should have asked it in the original post. Guess what though anybody can respond, whether you like the response or not.

Joe

Apr 8, 2009, 10:34 AM

Sorry, it's just sooo irritating. Why respond when you have nothing to add or no help to offer? I simply presented a free service that will make your phone ring if you can't find it, it's nothing to bicker about. Either use it or don't use it. Big deal. I wasn't asking anyone anything in the OP, just putting that service out there because it's handy if you need it (wish I knew about it when I really needed it! ). Common sense would say that a helpful response would be one either "pro" or "anti" regarding using this service, in other words, relating a personal experience.
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 10:44 AM

I am sorry then I misphrased myself.

In my personal experience, I wouldn't find a need to use this website as I have never personally had access to a computer without access to a landline.

I also wouldn't think of going to my computer to call my phone, but if no one needed the website, it wouldn't exist.

Apr 8, 2009, 11:00 AM

Jesushelper said: "I get charged whenever anybody calls my phone."

Are you serious, you get charged just for your phone ringing, even if you don't answer? That's terrible! I've never even heard of that. Perhaps you need to find a different provider, because that is just outright theft IMO!

Oh, and by the way, that would be an issue with your service provider and NOT this site. The site is indeed free, as I said. If your provider charges you for your phone to ring then that's a different issue and has nothing to do with the site I posted.
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2009, 11:21 AM

Thanks Passmeby..

Yes I get charged just for the phone to ring. It is one of the biggest providers here in Canada. I actually think that other providers would or could be worse. Even if I go to check my messages from a landmine I get charged. There should be a law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from phone to computer? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from my cell phone onto my computer? I have a LG AX8600 cell phone. What type cord will I need to use for my computer and cell phone?

Hooking up new phone line to main phone box [ 0 Answers ]

I am hooking up a new phone jack into the "main phone line box" in my basement... need help... I will try to explain as clearly as possible... hope not to confuse everyone. General info that may be useful in answering my question: I currently have cabletelevision phone service modem etc... I...

Blocked Phone number calling wireless cell phone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello my name is Jessica. Is there anyway anyone can help me figure out a blocked number that is calling my cell phone? If there is anyway to find out who the blokced number is that is really calling me.

Australian phone american phone [ 1 Answers ]

Can you ring an Australian mobile number on an american cell phone?

Stolen phone - am I stuck with phone charges? [ 3 Answers ]

My cell phone was stolen recently and the guy who stole it called all over the place, adding about $175 in phone charges to our phone bill. I reported it stolen to Qwest, but they say the charges are still my responsibility. I am planning to refute the bill, but I don't know the correct...

View more questions Search