Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atmMatrix Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 04:46 PM
    Judgement granted agaist me - reach understanding and VACATE?
    Hello,
    I went to court today and unfortuantely lost the case. A judgement was granted against me. Ce la vie.

Now onto damage control.

However, I have some questions:

a) Is my credit history messed up because of this judgement?
    b) If a) is YES, what is the effect of the judgement being satisfied or will it only help the credit score when the judgement goes away?
    c) I am thinking that I negotiate with the lender that if I can pay them early, they help me vacate the judgement (if that's even possible)? Something along the lines that I appeal and they don't show up or just withdraw their claim.Is this option possible ?

FYI, I am a resident of Ontario
    kbrb602 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 05:08 PM

Ontario Canada or California? If USA the judgement will remain on your credit and affect your score for 7 years. It will help if judgement is paid but will still remain on your credit report.
    atmMatrix Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 05:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrb602 View Post
    Ontario Canada or California? If USA the judgement will remain on your credit and affect your score for 7 years. It will help if judgement is paid but will still remain on your credit report.
    Ontario, CANADA

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vacate a judgement [ 4 Answers ]

I need to explore the options of vacating one of my two petit theft convictions. What are the chances to vacate the last one from 01/23/07? What are the legal requirements?

How to vacate a judgement [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about vacating 3 judgements against me. I receive SSI and am unable to pay.

How to vacate a judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I live in NC and I received paperwork to come to court regarding judgement for non payment of credit card bill... when I got to court they could not find my file, after sitting there for 5 hours the judge final asked me what paper work I had and I showed them my copy that came in the mail of my...

Vacate a judgement [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me what I have to do to vacate a judgement?

View more questions Search