Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pharm0508 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 02:43 PM
    Resume not receiving call backs
    I have a pretty solid resume written, but I do not seem to be getting a high response rate.

It's currently on two pages, I've had a professional rewrite it for me, but for some reason, I am still not getting the traction I would like to see.

Can anyone help?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 7, 2009, 03:03 PM

The only thing I can say, and I'm in the same boat, that employers can be very picky these days with the number of resumes they get.

The best thing to try is to get your resume submitted by someone in the company and that means networking.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2009, 03:22 PM

I'd try to get it down to one page, and not a full one at that. If your resume doesn't catch someone's eye immediately (i.e. knocks their socks off), it ends up in the shredder.

A resume is for getting your foot in the door for an interview. It isn't supposed to be your worklife story. A longer one can be given to the interviewer at the end of the interview.

Do you list your accomplishments, how you helped companies save money and also make it? That's what an interviewer wants to know, what can you do for them...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2009, 04:00 PM

I would try and get it back to one page also.

But right now, I am sending out about 100 resumes to get 2 interviews,
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 7, 2009, 05:09 PM

Are you sending resumes out cold or do you know they have a vacancy that matches your skills? I worked in education and a resume means nearly zero for us unless you provide a completed applications, letters of reference and transcripts.
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Apr 9, 2009, 04:04 PM

What type of job are you looking for? Are you coming out of college?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got a call from a collection agency who was taping my call [ 2 Answers ]

I just got a call from a collection agaency and wanted to gather information about a mastercard debt I owe. I told them that I don't own a mastercard, then they preceded to tell me my ss # and asked me if it was mine. I told them that the ss # was mine and how did they get my ss # since I don't own...

Resume [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get my past work history to fill out a resume

Resume [ 2 Answers ]

To whom it may Concern; I am looking for a "Good" resume template of which I can just fill in the blanks. I have Word 2007 and I'm not quite used to utilizing all of it's features. I have gone through Microsoft's Templates although I've yet to find anything I care for. I am an "out of work,...

Resume [ 3 Answers ]

How to make an effective resume?

View more questions Search