Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mandii_ere View Post
    no my mum has never seen any cuts or scars on me she has suspected but never acctualy seen them
    You mother should know about this situation.

I take it from your response that she is some of the cause, so going to a third party would be the best solution.

Help lines will help as well, but you will have to start telling someone, if you want help to heal and stop cutting. You can not do this alone.
    mandii_ere Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 04:11 PM

I don't want her to no though
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2009, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mandii_ere View Post
    i dont want her to no tho
    Why not?
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 07:47 PM

You said she already suspects, you need to come clean.

It's a step toward recovery. She is your best support system.

Call the helpline, talk to a trusted adult, if someone needs to step in and assist with your mother a trusted adult will know.
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 09:42 AM

How is today going for you?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 10:08 AM

I am giving you a link that can show you some ways to stop cutting.

However,you STILL need to get help for this and that is why you need to talk to an adult you trust.
    You Mom has to be involved in any medical treatment.
    I am sure she will do everything in her power to help you.
    You are her daughter and she is there for you.
    Talk to you Mom ! Please don't be afraid.You need help honey and I think you know that.

How Can I Stop Cutting?
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

Apr 10, 2009, 05:21 AM

What helped me was to stay busy. Play video games, do artwork, crossword puzzles, solitare card games, journal, anything. Remember that self harm is dangerous. You can get pretty nasty infections. I used to hurt myself and I quit. You can too! They are right though, you should tell someone. This is not all that uncommon. All the people I've met that do it have depression, anxiety, have been abused, or all of the above. It is easier to stop if you deal with these issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend is self harming [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a 14 year old girl and I have been in a relasionship with this guy for about 6 mounths. A few weeks ago one of my best friends and my sister came up to me in school and told me I need to start talking to him more for a short while I gave up attempting to talk to him because he didn't seem...

Physically Harming [ 5 Answers ]

Has anyone ever been in the same room as someone being physically attacked and see the bruise?

1 to 2 glasses of wine she must be harming her child [ 15 Answers ]

Hello again everyone I guess all get to it, a girlfriend of mine is 28 weeks pregnant ( same as my self). My husband and I had dinner at her house with her husband as we walked in the table had been set, the only strange thing was we all had wine glasses. So I thought to myself well maybe will have...

Are there softwares that can increase internet speed?without harming your computer? [ 5 Answers ]

Are there softwares which can maximize internet speed and have no disadvantage

My brother's credit debt harming my credit score! [ 2 Answers ]

Just some background information- my brother has many, many debts. (he is a lawyer that just never succeeded and has no real work ethic) So he uses my father's credit cards, pays the minimum amount every month, and he basically lives off my father's credit cards for all of his expenses. My brother...

View more questions Search