Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    living in hell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 09:47 AM
    "not in the best interest of a child"
    I had primary custody of an eight-year old male from birth. Father took me to court 2 x's for additional time. (granted) third time same thing, only this time mom didn't have an attorney. Court took the child from mom and gave to dad based on attorney's lies. Judge wouldn't hear a word mom said. Mother only has 4 day a month visitation, no access to schools, doctors, telephone calls, nothing. Went back to court 3/11/09 asking for 1st right and a better order for visitation and phone access to the child. Father isn't available for child and uses mom & girlfriend to care for the child. Judge said no additional contact was needed between my child and I because the two parents can't get along. (1)is this legal (2)how is it in the best interest of the child? I 've lived this way for 8 months and can't imagine another ten years.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2009, 10:06 AM

Yes, it's legal if it's based on past experience, damage to the child (usually psychological and caused by the arguing), danger to the child.

No one knows how this is in the best interest of the child without reviewing the entire Court file. That's more a mind reader question and less of a legal question.

The way you phrased your question is somewhat confusing - I assume you are the mother and the father is the one with custody?

If you lost custody based on an Attorney's lies and not testimony, proof of some sort, then you need to file an appeal.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Yes, it's legal if it's based on past experience, damage to the child (usually psychological and caused by the arguing), danger to the child.

No one knows how this is in the best interest of the child without reviewing the entire Court file. That's more a mind reader question and less of a legal question.

The way you phrased your question is somewhat confusing - I assume you are the mother and the father is the one with custody?

If you lost custody based on an Attorney's lies and not testimony, proof of some sort, then you need to file an appeal.
    With an attorney.
    living in hell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 10:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    With an attorney.
    Yes I'm the mom. Child wasn't having any problems with me. My son was removed from my home 7/30/08 and the attorney didn't file the ruling with the clerk until 8/11/08, out of time for appeal in North Carolina. Any other suggestions?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 10:52 AM

Have you discussed your situation with a family law attorney in your area? Some offer free consultations and they could let you know what options you have available to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

View more questions Search