Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makram992 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2009, 10:59 PM
    Pray to God With Ref.Hazarat Muhammad (PBUH)
    Aslamo Alikum.

Sir.

I want to know we can pray to our Beloved GOD with the reference (Tawassal) Hazarat Muhammad (PBUH) or not ?

Regards.

Muhammad Akram Zia
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 12:19 AM
    Assalaam alaikum
    -----------------------------------------
    Islam QA - Kinds of Tawassul

What is meant by tawassul and waseelah is four things:

The kind of tawassul without which faith cannot be complete, which is seeking to reach Allaah (tawassul) by believing in Him and His Messengers, and obeying Him and His Messenger, This is what is meant in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Do your duty to Allaah and fear Him. Seek the means of approach to Him…”

[al-Maa’idah 5:35]

This includes seeking to approach Allaah through His Names and Attributes, or by doing acts of obedience and worship by which one seeks to approach Allaah, and so on.

Seeking to approach Allaah by asking His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to make du’a’ for one during his lifetime, and the believers asking one another to make du’aa’ for one another. This follows on from the first type and is encouraged.

Seeking to approach Allaah by virtue of the status and virtues of some created being, such as saying, “O Allaah, I ask You by virtue of Your Prophet” and so on. This is allowed by some of the ‘ulama’, but this opinion is da’eef (weak). The correct view is that it is definitely haraam, because there can be no tawassul in du’aa’ except by virtue of the Names and Attributes of Allaah.

Tawassul as it is understood by many of the Muslims of later times, which is calling on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and seeking his help (or seeking the help of the dead and so-called awliya’). This is a form of major shirk, because calling on or seeking help from anyone other than Allaah with regard to something that that only Allaah is able to do is a kind of worship, and directing worship to anyone or anything other than Allaah is major shirk. And Allaah knows best.
    Islam Q&A
    Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
    --------------------------------

Islam QA - Tawassul: Islamic vs. bid’ah
    Tawassul that is bid’ah and therefore forbidden:

This is the attempt to draw close to Allaah by means of things that He does not like and that do not please Him, whether they be words, deeds or beliefs. One example of this is trying to draw close to Allaah by calling on the dead or people who are absent, asking them for help, and so on. This is a form of major shirk (shirk akbar), which goes against Tawheed and means that a person is no longer considered to be a Muslim. Calling upon Allaah, whether it is for a purpose such as asking Him to grant some benefit or to ward off some harm, or as an act of worship to express humility and submission before Him, can only be addressed directly to Allaah. If du’aa’s or prayers are addressed to anything or anyone else, this is shirk. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And your Lord said: ‘Invoke Me (and ask Me for anything), I will respond to your invocation. Verily! Those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me and do not believe in My Oneness], they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!” [Ghaafir 40:60]. In this aayah, Allaah explains the punishment of those who arrogantly refuse to call on Allaah, whether they call on someone other than Allaah or they do not call on Him at all, out of pride and self-admiration, even if they do not call on anyone else.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Invoke your Lord with humility and in secret…” [al-A’raaf 7:55]. Allaah commands His slaves to call on Him and not anyone else.

Allaah says of the people of Hell (interpretation of the meaning): “[They say:] ‘By Allaah, we were truly in a manifest error when we held you (false gods) as equals (in worship) with the Lord of the Worlds.” [al-Shu’ara’ 26:96-97]
    -------------------------------------

Also refer-
    Islam QA - Characteristics of the Victorious Group: Ahl al-Sunnah wa'l-Jamaa'ah

Hope the above information is helpful to you.

Wa alaikum salaam
    hmorrar Posts: 57, Reputation: 0

Apr 12, 2009, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by makram992 View Post
    aslamo alikum.

Sir.

I want to know we can pray to our beloved god with the reference (tawassal) hazarat muhammad (pbuh) or not ?

Regards.

Muhammad akram zia

my brothers,
    this is a warning to all of you, this mohammadiah is faked and has nothing to do with true islam religion, please be smart and do not fall into this nonsense. The true islam comes from quran and sunnah only so ask the trust worthy scholars and shiekhs...
    AbuBakr_Fin Posts: 216, Reputation: 3

Mar 7, 2011, 09:47 PM
    Wa `aleikumus-Salaam. Their evidences for are found in the Sunnah and Aathaar of Salaf, like the Hadiith of the blind man in the time of Rasuul -sAaws- of which authenticity is an issue of debate.. And there exist other evedince they use. I don`t advice to look into them unless you have a firm `aqeedah, and a deep understanding of "Laa ilaaha illa Allaahu Muhammadun Rasuulullaahi -sAaws". And even then, I don`t see a need to investagate it. Listening to the people of al-hawaa (desires, meaning innovations) may allways damage your eemaan, and you may or may not recover from it. Be careful, and fear Allaah.
    The point is anyhow that whatever the evidences are, what they are calling to, these suufiis, is going further and further until you end up in shirk. May Allaah give you a clear insight. The Messenger of Allaah -sAaws- has warned about 72 different sects of bida`ah that will arise in his ummah and in each of them is a shaitaan calling to it, and they all lead away from His Straight Way into The Fire. So what do you think? Do you want to save yourself and fear Allaah, or try your luck and call upon partners with Him? I`ve read a Hadiith in one very basic book about tawheed according to which Nabii -sAaws- said: "Man jad`u ma`a Allaahi niddan dakhala An-Naar". It means "Who calls upon with Allaah a partner enters The Fire." So after I know that Hadiith, I`ve been quite firm in my position that my du`aa is only for Him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hazarat Khidr (A.S) [ 3 Answers ]

Salaams. I've read the stories of Hazarat Musa (A.S) and Hazarat Khidr (A.S). But what I'd like to know is that is it true he is still alive? Or just a rumour?

Jesus and Muhammad [ 34 Answers ]

What impact did the death of Jesus have on his respective religion What impact did the death of Muhammad have on his respective religion

Muhammad(pbuh) in the Bible [ 66 Answers ]

As I have not read the Bible nor done a comparative study,I wonder what the Bible says about Muhammad. I believe that the original Armeniac(hope that is the right spelling) Bible will have some mention of our Prophet (pbuh) I was wondering about the Bibles available today. I have read...

Pray [ 8 Answers ]

This is a message for all christian beleivers. If you are an atheist and you are going to make fun of me, click 'back'. I have a prayer request for all of you my brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ, can you pray for my mum and dad, they have me pretty worried. My dad left the house about a week...

Can you pray without talking? [ 3 Answers ]

Almost every time I pray I do it silently, like think what I want to tell god or ask god. Does that matter, do you have to pray out loud for him to here you or does he know what your thinking? Thanks

View more questions Search