Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 02:22 PM
    FOx News to blame for cop killings.or something like that
    And some of you guys think we're nuts for discussing a little media bias...

The fact that this loon had guns is not really that much of a story. It's scary, because he was crazy. But even most gun rights supporters will tell you it's scary when crazy people have guns.

The story here is that there's a certain vocal percentage in our country who don't view people who believe our government is "Zionist-controlled" and is planning imminent "military policing" and "gun bans" as crazy.

How could they be crazy, when there's a free basic cable television "news" network that tells them all of this?

Hey, you're a normal guy, right? And you have FOX News on your cable, right? You might not watch it, but it's not like you went out and subscribed specially to this nutty, fringe channel, right? So it must be "normal" stuff on there. Because it's just regular, basic cable. They all wear suits and sit at desks. So it's not nutter stuff. If it was, they'd be wearing camouflage or something, right? And if it was really weird, a normal guy like you wouldn't have it on their basic cable, right? They have... rules about stuff like that. Somewhere. Don't they? They wouldn't just put crazy-a$$ bullsh*t on regular basic cable, right? Where kids and nutbars could see it?

I mean, if you want to belong to some crazy club, that's you're right, I guess. But you'd have to know the secret code word. Or at least pay extra for... something. Right? It wouldn't just be on your TV for free.

Right?

Now, if that weren't the case, then there'd be an opportunity for the rest of the traditional media to do some housecleaning. They've fought long and hard for the professional integrity of journalism, and letting FOX horn into the press conferences next to them as if they were just a normal everyday news organization would kill them.

It's killing cops, anyway. Well, something is.

If it's craziness like the stuff coming from FOX, and calling out the craziness of FOX becomes the responsibility of the traditional media, well then, I guess that explains how the murder of three Pittsburgh police officers came to be blamed on the dog.
    Let that be the end of the caterwauling over legitimate criticism of the media. OK? Or do you agree with the Kos nutroots (and of course those in the present administration that spoke at their convention)? Now you can go back to trying to free Mumia.

tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 02:54 PM

I don't know Steve . I kind of doubt that someone who was paranoid about the "Zionist controlled government " would spend much time tuned into the "neo-con network".
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 02:57 PM
    What, you don't see the connection either? :D
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2009, 05:29 AM

Hello:

I saw Beck the other day saying some crap with film of Nazis marching in the background... I'm sure he was referring to Obama. You don't think that whips up the crowd?? Of course you do.

One of these killers apparently did it because he thought Obama was going to take away his guns.. I don't think he heard that on MSNBC.

Yup, FOX is irresponsible... Like, totally, Dude!

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 05:36 AM
    Geez, this is worse than I thought. NY Slimes columnist Charles M. Blow penned this about conservatives on Saturday:

"My read: They're Apocalyptic. They feel isolated, angry, betrayed and besieged. And some of their 'leaders,' seem to be trying to mold them into militias."
    David Shuster, subbing for Chris Matthews, along with Blow offered this:

SHUSTER: Right, but that's very different from "taking everybody's guns away," which is the kind of stuff Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh and others have said. And, and the reason I ask this... There's no doubt that they want to get rid of the assault weapons but here's the issue. Because Richard Poplowski killed three police officers in Pittsburgh a couple of days ago because he thought President Obama was, and others, and the Feds were coming to take his guns away. And I guess my question is, Charles to you, who's responsible for that? Is it this deranged guy or how much a factor is the stuff that's out there in the right wing megaphone contributing to this, that, this thought process of these people?

CHARLES BLOW, NEW YORK TIMES: Right, I don't know what's happening in his case yet, and, and he will go to trial, we'll find out more about his case. But I think that what's happening in that echo chamber is very dangerous. Because it only takes a couple of people or one person to do something that, with a gun that, that is very irresponsible, that leads to something like this. And I feel like if you are gonna let these people ramble on, if they feel like that's a responsible way to use the platform that they have, then that's very unfortunate.
    Of course as Allahpundit pointed out, "As noted last night, the Pittsburgh shooter is a white supremacist and anti-semite who’s known to listen to neocon-hating Alex Jones."

You , Mr. Shuster and you Mr. Blow, are more irresponsible, dangerous and unfortunate than a dozen Limbaughs and Becks. I more than take offense at your linking conservatives to a deranged cop killer.
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 06:48 AM
    Ex, that's a nice try but I don't think he got it from Fox:

Mr. Poplawski's view of guns and personal freedom took a turn toward the fringes of American politics. With Mr. Perkovic, he appeared to share a belief that the government was controlled from unseen forces, that troops were being shipped home from the Mideast to police the citizenry here, and that Jews secretly ran the country.

"We recently discovered that 30 states had declared sovereignty," said Mr. Perkovic, who lives in Lawrenceville. "One of his concerns was why were these major events in America not being reported to the public."

Believing most media were covering up important events, Mr. Poplawski turned to a far-right conspiracy Web site run by Alex Jones, a self-described documentarian with roots going back to the extremist militia movement of the early 1990s.

Around the same time, he joined Florida-based Stormfront, which has long been a clearinghouse Web site for far-right groups.
    He posted photographs of his tattoo, an eagle spread across his chest.
    You may not like Fox, and I know little about Beck, but he didn't get that kind of crap from Fox, he got it from real far-right nutjobs. You're a smarter guy than that, surely you can acknowledge this kind of insanely irresponsible nonsense from Kos is far more dangerous than Fox news. And just o make my point, here's a diary entry from Kos himself:

Dear Conservatives,

If having hilarious tea bagging parties keeps you guys from shooting people up, then I heartily endorse them.

Hugs and kisses,

Kos
    That's dangerous, unhinged bullsh*t ex, and I think you know it.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 11:24 AM

Oh speech this is the one place a day I can come and not read, see or hear about Mumia and you ruined it!! I live in Philly this dude story follows us everywhere. Concerts, eating out, driving down the Highway (The Daniel Faulkner memorial highway). I watched a show that showed both sides of the story ( a little bias towards Mumia) and I still think he did it.
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Oh speech this is the one place a day I can come and not read, see or hear about Mumia and you ruined it!!!!!!! I live in Philly this dude story follows us everywhere. Concerts, eating out, driving down the Highway (The Daniel Faulkner memorial highway). I watched a show that showed both sides of the story ( a little bias towards Mumia) and I still think he did it.
    LOL, sorry Spit. ;)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 04:15 PM

As speech said Poplawski is a Nazi skin head that was looking for an excuse to kill police. He was unremorseful and wished he had killed the fourth one.
    He bought his guns from a private owner.
    He couldn't buy them from a licensed gun dealer because he had a Protection From Abuse order against him.
    Well his guns are taken away from him and killing three cops I am sure at minimum is a life sentence.

post-gazette.com Multimedia Center - Honoring Pittsburgh's heroes: Procession to the Petersen Events Center

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is really to blame [ 4 Answers ]

I hear people blaming the republican president for the economy but with a democratic led congress who is really to blame? The president can only do so much--- why don't people blame the congress for their spending ?

Put the blame where [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a Panasonic 50" LCD 4 months ago (caught it on sale). Just installed it in basement on weekend of memorial day. After the weekend TV was not watched again until June 4, 2008. Then on June 7, 2008 went cut the TV on and there was a black square with different color lines running...

Good news or bad news are these doctors of their rocker? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, well I went to the doctor today concerning my miscarriage last week. Some of you may have read my post about having discharge and why the bleeding stopped (after only 3-4 days), well it turns out I am one of those women who can pass everything in 4 days. I have had an ultrasound...

View more questions Search