Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GNL685 Posts: 170, Reputation: 9
    -

Apr 6, 2009, 01:15 PM
    Medical assistant -can I go further?
    I am going to school to be a medical administrative assistant.. I am switching to medical assistant since people who know phlebotomy and EKG are in higher demand. My question is: After I graduate what are some good classes to take to further my education and career?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 6, 2009, 01:35 PM

What do you want to do, RN perhaps
    -

Apr 6, 2009, 01:42 PM

Maybe something like that. I was interested in pediatrics and/or working with elderly people. Or pharmacy ANYTHING I love this field it's so intersting with so many opportunities. I'm going to a trade school so I won't be able to transfer any credits or anything like that. I was just wondering if Medical assistants could go further in their career or continue education towards other things.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 6, 2009, 01:46 PM
    Typically, since a MA is a certified position, to further your career you most likely will have to enlist in a college that offers a degree program such as AASN, Associate of Applied Science in Nursing... RN

Medical Assistants, in my location, are primarily used in doctors offices.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 6, 2009, 01:52 PM

Be sure to take psych classes so you can figure out how to deal with all kinds of people, and how to be the best person yourself. Included would be courses on human development at all stages.
    -

Apr 6, 2009, 01:54 PM

That's a good idea.. I've always been interested in psychology I love learning about this stuff
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 6, 2009, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GNL685 View Post
    that's a good idea..I've always been interested in psychology I love learning about this stuff
    General Psych, Abnormal Psych, Theories of Personality, Gerontology courses, Infant and Child Development, Social Psych, Behavioral Psych, and stats courses that examine surveys and how results are determined.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Movie about medical breakthrough by African American lab assistant [ 1 Answers ]

Assistant in a medical lab at John Hopkins teaches boss how to complete transplant operation. Gets little recognition until much later

More assistant [ 2 Answers ]

1. In order to be classified as a current liability, the liability needs to become due within ________. (is it 30-60 days? ) 2. the amount of a note payment due in the next twelve months is called _____. 3. a note due in 2 years with no amortization would be classified on the balance sheet...

Need more assistant [ 2 Answers ]

1. The 2 major journals in the accounting system that effect accounts receivables are what journals? 2. the 2 major journals in the accounting system that effect accounts payable are what journals? 3. land is always valued on the books of a firm at ____?

View more questions Search