Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excaliburn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2006, 05:26 PM
    Shower leaks to basement
    The hot water pipe is leaking down to the basement. I removed the
    Compression fixture and replaced the stem washer thinking this was the cause. Also I made sure the fixture was secure and tight. The leak is a slow one, the drip, drip kind. The leak runs down the pipe. Maybe there is another washer I need to replace or the seat is bad. The pipe is pvc.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 11, 2006, 07:23 AM
    Can you tell me exactly where it's leaking from? The stem on the compression valve? The compression nuts? A joint on the pipe? Where's this compression valve located? Is it brass or PVC? Talk to me. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anybody ever hear of this product for stopping basement leaks? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a leaking basement. I am rather displeased, since I already made one big attempt at solving this problem. I installed footing drains on the exterior, which involved a huge trench, tons of gravel and plastic and pipe, and a week of backbreaking work. It seemed to work for a...

New PriceFister shower leaks [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a complete Price fister shower about 6 months ago and now it is starting to drip. It has a center control for hot/cold it's cold that is dripping, Where do I look for adjustment? Behind the control knob is a enclosed casing with four screws, in there? Does it use washers?

New shower drain leaks [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, looking for some expert plumbing advice... My new showewr drain leaks around the exterior of the drain between the grout and the drain itself. I have torn out the tiles around the drain and now need to seal the drain to the floor and seal it up to the tiles to prevent the leakage. (does...

Washer leaks when shower is on [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - got a new washing machine and it is hooked into the same hot & cold lines that supply my shower in the next room. When I turn on the bath or shower my washer trickles water, but stops when I shut off the shower. It does not appear to happen when any other faucets are on. Sears says there...

Basement leaks [ 1 Answers ]

Was wondering if anyone knows how to stop and old homes basement walls from leaking without digging foundation up and putting sewers and drains in there is no public sewers and I need to know how to stop the sepage. Thanks??

View more questions Search