Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ercdcarson Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2006, 01:28 PM
    Worried Mom
    My daughter is dating a guy from another state. He comes here on week ends and she talks to him all the time on the phone. He doesn't have a cell but uses his mothers. When he comes here she pays for everything but denies it when I ask her. She says he pays but I know for sure she does. She is going to visit him in a few weeks and help him move here. Should I be worried or should I just leave her alone? She is 23,he is 26. She just moved out on her own. She was going to school but isn't going this fall , says she will go back next semester. He isn't going to school and says he is going to work for a friend when he gets here. I have tried to talk to her about her paying for everything but she lies and says she doesn't. She does because I am on her checking acct. She flew him here one weekend and now she is flying there, again she pays. Should I just stay out of it?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 10, 2006, 02:04 PM
    First of all you haven't said how old is your daughter or if she lives with you and does she work, or attend school? More info because if she is on her own then stay out of it.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2006, 05:16 PM
    How old is your daughter? How about the guy? Does he seem like a decent, respectable guy? One you'd like to have for a son-in-law and as the father of your grandchildren? If yes, then I'd just leave her alone. If no, then I'd be worried. It's hard to answer your question on the information you've provided. So far, the only thng that seems questionable to me is his level of fiancial stability, if in fact he has to use his mother's cell phone to call your daughter and your daughter has to pay for everything when they go out. If they're going dutch that's one thing, but if she's footing the entier bill then that could be cause for concern.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2006, 05:17 PM
    Yes - how old is he/she??

Is she gulible? Nieve? Doormat potential?

Is he bad news? Drinks?

We need more info on him? Does she have a degree? Him?

Lots more info please
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Sep 10, 2006, 05:45 PM
    You certainly do have cause for concern.

Talk to her. Maybe you don't have the full picture of who this guy is and what his history and plans are.
    mysticque Posts: 95, Reputation: -7
    -

Sep 11, 2006, 07:49 PM
    I'd be a little concern for her. Unless you are very familiar with the boy. But I might not want it confrontational... a little casual might be easier. Don't pepper her with questions. She's old enough on her own. I'm sure you're very concern for her safety. But t would be wiser to go sideways with her. And maybe you could do more research about this boy or invite them both to dinner? If you can choke that up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Worried... [ 14 Answers ]

I have been really stressed out lately and I am findind myself unable to go to bed until the early hours of the morning (even thiugh I am tired) and I am not able to eat properly either. At times I feel sick (but never am sick). Yesterday I went to work (on an empty stomach) as I just wasn't...

Worried. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Am a guy of 22 and at ma age I don't have a beard and there are no sign it would *** out in the next year,it worries me to c people below ma age wit beard and wit this I look younga than them,is there anytin I can do or use? I look a bit younga than ma age and very soon I'll be graduating...

Should I be worried [ 6 Answers ]

My Question I'm A 41 Year Old Female I Came On My Cycle June 28 And I Went Off July 3 From July 5 Until Now I Been Spotting And Little Heavy . This Never Happen And I'm A Lil Scared Is It Normal.:(

I'm worried! [ 14 Answers ]

My dog is to skinny... I have German Shep she's about 14yrs latly she's been having problems walking up & down the stairs... and when I take her for a walk she falls behind.. wobbly when she walks.. and today she only ate one bowl of food... Can anyone tell me what's going on?

View more questions Search