Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ray0073 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2009, 06:52 PM
    How do I change from standard Lennox 21J7201 to a compatible digital model?
    I have a standard rectancular wall mounted electric Lennox 21J7201 (house is 10 years old) and want to change to digital model that has 5 / 2 programming (a 5-day and a weekend program). I have an air handler unit in the garage that controls the central air / heat unit outside. The air handler in the garage comes on , but the unit outside (AC) comes on for a while then off. Was told the (mercury) thermostat may be bad - turning it down to lowest setting does not cause the outside AC to come on.

Specs for the Lennox are: 6 wires (Red, Y1 Yellow, Green, Orange, Blue, White) black and brown wires present but not hooked up to anything. There is an E terminal but no wire goes to it. The sub-plate number is 3AAT89B38E1... says 30VAC / 1.5A / Class 2 thermostat. Any mid priced units ($50 - $80) where the wires would be compatible and easy for a novice to install? Thanks for any assistance.

Ray
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2009, 06:57 PM

Lowe's should have a honeywell product that you are looking for fairly cheep. Are you sure it is the t-sta and not a problem with the outdoor unit? Is the fun inside running?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NOMA digital timer model TD1000 [ 7 Answers ]

Hi - I have a small timer with 5 buttons and can't remember how to program it. Buttons are: mode, program, time, hour, minute. It's white with blue buttons and has a small window. Any help programming this would be GREAT!

Wireing diagram for Lennox model: CB29M-41-1P [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I recently purchased a Lennox Elite Series Furnace/Heat Pump used and I need to wire the unit in. Does anyone out there have a wireing diagram for this unit?? Thanks, Larry Denney

Wiring diagram for a Lennox Model E8-25-1 Electric Furnace. [ 1 Answers ]

The wiring Diagarm on the front panel is not clear enough to read. Also I need to know the proper sequencers & limits to use in this furnace. The furnace has been worked on by several people and I would like to rewire With all new parts

View more questions Search