Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mgmooney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2009, 04:23 PM
    Toilet Problem

After I flush the toilet and it fills up the water continues to flow into the bowl. My sewage bill is doubled!! Local DIY store suggests changing everything. I purchased a tank repair kit, but instructions are very vague - at least for this female. Is there someplace I can find pictures to help with the installation? For instance, Turn off water supply (I got that), disconnect from old ballcock (at what point is that? The nut outside the tank?) I'm lost, but I want to know how to do this. I have 3 toilets and am trying to keep costs down. Please help!!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 5, 2009, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmooney View Post
    After I flush the toilet and it fills up the water continues to flow into the bowl. My sewage bill is doubled!!!!! Local DIY store suggests changing everything. I purchased a tank repair kit, but instructions are very vague - at least for this female. Is there someplace I can find pictures to help with the installation? For instance, Turn off water supply (I got that), disconnect from old ballcock (at what point is that? the nut outside the tank?) I'm lost, but I want to know how to do this. I have 3 toilets and am trying to keep costs down. Please help!!!
    Click on: How to replace a refill valve (ballcock) for instructions. More questions? I'm as close as a click. Good luck, Tom
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2009, 04:44 PM

On top of Tom's instruction I will add the following links too, Thanks.

John

YouTube - Fix a Leaking Toilet Flapper Valve for Little or No Cost

Replace The Toilet Fill Valve, Flush Valve Or Flapper | Plumbing Projects | Reader's Digest

How to change a toilet Fill Valve

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet problem [ 2 Answers ]

I am changing the overflow valve and the one of the bolts and nut is stuck, I have tried wd40, and heated it to see if it would loosen, its holding up the process. What can I do to get this damn bolt and nut alose?

Toilet flushing problem [ 3 Answers ]

My toilet flushes correctly sometimes, however, it doesn't other times. It acts like it is clogged, fills the bowl and slowly seeps out. When I plunge to clear the line, it flushes fine once or twice, but then clogs again and slow drains again. Any ideas? This is something that has just...

Toilet flange problem [ 6 Answers ]

I have two toilets that both have broken pvc flanges. I have tried to install one of the flange repair rings and the toilet won't seat properly with in on there. One toilet is currently not in use due to my inability to fix this problems thusfar. My question is, how difficult will it be for me to...

Toilet problem [ 5 Answers ]

We recently moved to our new home which is build in 1950's. I have two bathrooms. In one of the bathroom, the toilet started giving problems. When you flush the water comes almost near the rim and then it starts going down the drains very slowly. I used an additive and also used the plunger for...

Please help... toilet problem [ 1 Answers ]

I am clueless about plumbing and I have no idea what the parts are in the toilet. But this is what is happening... my toilet is making a loud running water noise and when I look in the toilet, it is bubbling and it won't really flush. When I press the handle it just goes down. When I looked in the...

View more questions Search