Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gramster Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2009, 02:17 PM
    Molar #19 just removed
    As the subject of this post say I just had my molar removed and I'm really paranoid about any health related things. I just want to know what are the best things to do to avoid and infection or a dry socket please your help will be greatly appreciated.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Apr 5, 2009, 02:27 PM

Rinse with warm salt water on the 2nd day after the extraction... DO NOT smoke, avoid spicy sharp crumbly food, avoid strenuous activity for 3 or 4 days, do not drink through a straw, and take all medication as prescribed (if any)
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2009, 05:59 PM

Amir covered it all. Be sure to rinse gently though so not to remove any clot. Also, don't go poking anything in to the socket.

Apr 5, 2009, 06:04 PM
    OK I'm freaking out I just ate something and like little pieces got stuck on the clot what do I do??

Apr 5, 2009, 08:17 PM
    New question what should I do if the blood plug falls out or disappears.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 04:31 AM

If the clot fell out the day the tooth was removed I'd suggest you call your dentist and have him/her take a look.

Try to do your chewing on the opposite side of your mouth if you can. This will help keep food particles out of the extraction site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Molar concentration [ 1 Answers ]

In order to standardise a solution of sodium hydroxide a chemist first prepared a solution of ethanedioic acid-2 water H2C204 2H2O by dissolving 14.6g of crystals in water and making uo the solution to 250cm3 in a graduated flask he then pipetted 25.0cm3 of this solution of into a conical flask,...

Molar Enthalpy [ 3 Answers ]

Wat is a molar enthalpy!! Thanks :D

Molar mass [ 1 Answers ]

:) how do you find how many atoms are in 1 mole of an element on th periodic table? Help me please :)

Molar Enthalpy [ 1 Answers ]

Calculate the standard molar enthalpy of combustion for acetic acid?

Molar enthalpy [ 1 Answers ]

Burning 3.00g of ethane causes 1.00L of water to increase in temperature 2.79 degrees Celsius. Calculate the molar enthalpy of combustion of ethane from this data.

View more questions Search