Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cullpepper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2009, 11:42 AM
    Floor tile height
    Please answer this question for me.

Tiling a floor to be at the same level as some stairs which it butts up to and don't think a "threshold" or transition piece would be appropriate for stairing.

What kind of height in thinset do you end up w/ a 1/2" trowel? Assume you don't get 1/2 after pressing tile in. Is there a set guide?

Thank you in advance,

Cullpepper
    Bljack Posts: 245, Reputation: 28

Apr 5, 2009, 01:26 PM
    Please be very specific with these answers and I'll be able to get your transition within 1/16" or better.

What size tile?
    tile or stone?
    what's there now, just subfloor or slab?
    If subfloor, is there anything else on it right now(plywood underlayment how thick, cement board--1/4 or 1/2"
    How much height build up from the subfloor to the top of the tread you are meeting?

I'll post back later

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What height should the Closet Flange Extension be, from the top of the tile/floor? [ 5 Answers ]

I got a “Closet Flange Extension Kit” from Home Depot and it has 2 rings. One is ¼ inch and the other is a ½ inch; so basically I want to know which one to use. The current/original flange that is installed on the sub-floor is level with the top of the tile. The tile is just that 12” square...

Tile leak from 3rd floor through 2nd floor ceiling (bath) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All: We renovated our third floor bathroom which included stripping the floor down and installing tiles (1" squares within 1' blocks). After our 3rd floor tenant takes long showers we get some leakage through her floor and thusly through our ceiling (which we now have partially open to have...

Is tile bullnose baseboard installed before or after floor tile? [ 8 Answers ]

My porcelain tile comes with a bullnose that I want to use as the baseboard. I found a response to another question, stating that the floor should be installed first, but I want a grout line between the floor tile and the baseboard, it would be very hard to make it uniform if the floor is...

Can't get paper up from old vinyl floor. Laying ceramic tile on kitchen floor [ 5 Answers ]

I looked for a similar question on this site before asking and all I could find is a question about ripping up vinyl flooring to lay hard wood flooring down... So I will ask my question, I just got done ripping up the vinyl from my kitchen floor and plan to lay ceramic tile down tomorrow, I too...

Height of toilet flange above new tile [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I am finishing a bathroom in my basement. How high does the toilet flange, which is PVC, need to be above the level of the tile we are going to install soon? Not sure how high to cut the pipe... :o

View more questions Search