Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pitter Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2006, 04:51 AM
    Donīt Want To Hibernate
    I accidentally selected the hibernate option to close down my computer and now I canīt get back to the standard shut down option. I go to "start" and click "close down" and the screen blinks but does nothing. The small window with the various close down options doesnīt appear. How do I get thaty screen back?
    jay c Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 13, 2006, 02:35 PM
    Check your power management options. Rt-click on the desktop, select Properties, go to the Screen Saver tab, and then click on Power.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hibernate [ 1 Answers ]

I was trying to log off and my computer went to hibernate. I do not know what I hit that made that happen. The problem is that I cannot restart the computer. It's an HP Compaq NX9030. It runs on XP. I've tried holding the power button, removing the battery, checking to see that it is plugged...

HP Pavilion hibernate problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Don't know if it's a hardware or software problem, (I'm on XP home) but if I hibernate with mains power on and try to bring back to life on battery power, the screen stays blank (and black) regardless of what keys I hit. I have to force close it and restart. I think it's the same when I...

Standby & hibernate sticks in w2000 pro [ 4 Answers ]

Every time I try to save energy by using STANDBY or HIBERNATE the next morning I can't get my mouse curser ot move?  It like I'm forzen except fpr a few isolated times where I jiggled the mouse and everything came on and worked just fine? I usually have to Reboot most of the time? :-[  

View more questions Search