Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    R-J-S-InLove Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2009, 09:39 AM
    The way I see myself in any dream
    I've had lots of dreams, some weird, some scary, some funny

The thing is that whoever I've asked tell me that when they dream they are present in the dream as the first person(as we say in English grammar) , means the way we see ourselves in real life the same way its in their dreams

Where as in my case I see myself as a third person, so if I dream that I'm gardening then its not that I'm gardening in real, its like someone made a video of me doing it and now I'm looking at it as an external entity...

The pains, joys, fear whatever I feel in the dreams are not actually felt, I see the girl in dream feeling it:confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2009, 10:39 AM

I dream in third person too and very abstract often I am not even in the dream as anything more than watching it.
    The important thing is what you get from the dream.
    Do you wake up sad, happy. Confused, etc..

If you want you can tell us specific dreams and we can try and interpret them.

Apr 5, 2009, 10:56 AM

Well when I was about 10 years old I had a dream that I was falling off my balcony, I could see myself falling and experience the gravitational force to the thing is I never felt as if I was falling
    And in dream also nothing happens to me
    And then about a month later my baby sister falls off and she doesn't even get a scratch!

This is a major dream, there are other small ones which have come true , some others which haven't, but the thing is m there in the dream but I look at it in a very disconnected manner
    GNL685 Posts: 170, Reputation: 9
    -

Apr 6, 2009, 12:37 PM

I don't see myself in my dreams.. I see everything from my own eyes?

Apr 6, 2009, 11:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GNL685 View Post
    I don't see myself in my dreams..I see everything from my own eyes?
    Exactly what I'm trying to point out... :)

Why do I SEE myself in my dreams... Why is it like someone showing me a video recording of myself...

Why:( is not normal like others
    GuidedVisions Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2009, 10:26 AM

This is actually a good thing. This is a way for you to be able to study yourself and your life. Perhaps there are things you are going through, feeling and cannot get it together when you are living it in your dreams like you are living it forreal. They say, that the best thing people do is judge others and we are so quick to do so. We watch people do things and say "if that was me, i would of done this differently or what on earth is going on with this person" this means, it's a time for you to have a self evaluation about behaviors and such. Not everything we see in dreams means exactly, what they mean. There are far more indept meanings for what we see in dreams. But the main things here, for you. Is self evaluation. You are going through some emotional and spiritual changes :D
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by R-J-S-InLove View Post
    Exactly what I'm trying to point out....:)

Why do I SEE myself in my dreams.... Why is it like someone showing me a video recording of myself....

Why:( is not normal like others
    I've had dreams where I could see myself, I was someone else [even another sex], and finally a dream where I am in my physcial self but clearly not the same person.

In my opinion: I don't think there is any "normality" when in comes to dreams.

MRS.S

Apr 7, 2009, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    I've had dreams where I could see myself, I was someone else [even another sex], and finally a dream where I am in my physcial self but clearly not the same person.

MRS.S
    But that must be once in a while with you, for me its always like that, like in real world I'm doing things, but in dreams I'm watching myself doing things:( and then I tell someone about it they say its weird and that they all dream the other way... :confused:
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 10:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post

MRS.S
    Same I've had dreams where I was looking through my eyes, or watching me from another persons eyes, or as a floating camera (my version of me ) it varies every night but I don't try to make sense out of them unless its plainly obvious :)
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 10:51 AM
    But that must be once in a while with you, for me its always like that, like in real world I'm doing things, but in dreams I'm watching myself doing things:( and then I tell someone about it they say its weird and that they all dream the other way.....:confused:
    Nope just had a dream last night I was a dog [seriously.. ]- I know I have "weird" dreams because I am weird.

People dream differently. Dreams come from our imagination, our subconscious or even what we did or saw during the day. For someone to say "that's weird" in a way to make you question yourself is really quite ignorant, there is no "normal" way of dreaming.

MRS.S
    jaceadiane15 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Apr 8, 2009, 06:53 PM
    well when i was about 10 years old i had a dream that i was falling off my balcony, i could see myself falling and experience the gravitational force to the thing is i never felt as if i was falling
    and in dream also nothing happens to me
    and then about a month later my baby sister falls off and she doesn't even get a scratch!

This is a major dream, there are other small ones which have come true , some others which haven't, but the thing is m there in the dream but i look at it in a very disconnected manner
    i get this too. most everyone does. it just means that you are tired. everyone that i know has done it at least once in their lifetime! i do it a lot! :D
    GNL685 Posts: 170, Reputation: 9
    -

Apr 8, 2009, 06:56 PM

I don't think you should worry about it because it's a dream... if it started happening in real life then u mite have a problem lol =D
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 03:54 PM

As I said I also dream as though I am watching a film of myself 98% of the time.

Balcony

To see or dream that you are on a balcony, refers to your desire and aspirations to be seen and noticed. You are searching for prestige and higher status. It may also mean that you are on your way up the social ladder. If the balcony is clean, then it indicates that you are looked up to by others. If the balcony is old, then it suggests that your public image is in need of repair.

Falling

Falling and not feeling as though you are can mean a lesson on issues of trust.
    This is a common dream which usually represents underlying fears and feelings of inadequacy and helplessness. Interpret your dream by considering your primary fears, current difficulties, and situations in your life that seem to be on a downward spiral, especially those situations that seem outside of your control (financial, romantic,etc.).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did I dream this horrible dream? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know whether I should've posted this under philosophy, but I couldn't find anything closer to the subject "dreams". Anyway... Last night, I had a horrible dream and I don't know why. I dreamed this tall, skinny white man was chasing me trying to kill me. My dream jumped from 3 different...

My Dream [ 1 Answers ]

for some reason my crush's name keeps haunting me. why?

Dream job [ 2 Answers ]

Good morning, Thank you for helping me. This has been a very rough year - am seeking a second grade teaching job for next year. Will this happen?

An dream about an ex [ 2 Answers ]

I had a dream that I made love with my ex and wanted to make it up to me. He kept on saying he loves me. He kept on saying he loves me and I am involved with someone for a long period. Why am I having dreams about my ex for a few months.

Why Do I Still Dream About Him ? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Im writing in today as my ex and I broke up four years ago and not too long after I started seeing my current boyfriend. When we broke up I thought it was normal to dream about him, but lately I find myself dreaming about him 3-4 times a week :confused:? My dreams are pretty consistent in...

View more questions Search