Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2009, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaddriver View Post
    if you have to pay for every time u short someone something you would wind up owing the owner money at the end of the route. I take out over 1,500$ dollars worth of bread for 140 bucks looks like we are going to have to go to court over this. If I hire a 18 year old kid to run my route and he gets into an accident I can't expect him to pay for the entire accident.

You can "expect" anything you want. You posted this on a law board and you were told what the law is. You don't want to hear it.

So take it to Court - come back and let us know how it works out for you.

While you're in Court, be sure to mention that this is for extra money and off the books.

Then let us know what IRS says.
    Breaddriver Posts: 13, Reputation: -2

Apr 5, 2009, 07:14 PM

OK no problem mr.jones I am sure it is going to be a HUGE problem the couple days I worked for 80 dollars while being trained. When you have people committing welfare fraud and telling courts that
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 5, 2009, 07:31 PM

Bread driver, I am just telling what happens in real life with Flowers Bakery, Colonial Bakery and Bunny. I know how those work as a fact, Each loaf has to be accounted for, esp on the Flowers routes since they are loaded pre picked for each customer, so each customer has their order already picked to be delivered. And credit for each loaf picked up has to be accounted for. ** they allow you to give a few picked up loafs away, but you even note that.

So if you are "losing" loaves of bread, you are losing someone's money, If the driver owns his own route, he has to pay for the load, and he makes his money on the profit, so loss loafs cost the owner of the route money.

Some if you were in a store, and your cash register comes up short 5 dollars or 30 dollars every day, they would expect you to balance the money.

Not sure what welfare fraud has to do with it, but this is civil not criminal issues, and if the owner of the truck and route will let you slide, no problem, but he can demand you pay, and legally do so.

We can feel sorry for you, but to be honest I have helped on my friends bread route, and maybe at the end of a day we are one or two loafs off but never more than that.

Apr 5, 2009, 07:37 PM

I am very rarely short but what your saying is called guaranteeing the route. In which case you become a working partner not an employee. Because it is impossible to never make a mistake in this business. But my bakery does not only deal with loafs we have hundreds of different kind of bread.
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2009, 06:56 AM
    ok no problem mr.jones I am sure it is going to be a HUGE problem the couple days I worked for 80 dollars while being trained. When you have people committing welfare fraud and telling courts that

Is that the "I'm bad, I committed fraud, but THEY committed bigger fraud and, therefore, are worse people" defense? I don't understand the "when you have people committing welfare fraud and telling courts that" sentence. What is "that"?

Your defense - people are committing Welfare fraud - should be an interesting argument.

And, yes, IRS will take action over $80. I think IRS will take action over 80 cents but that's my opinion.

Apr 6, 2009, 07:03 AM

Hey buddy I just paid one of the neighborhood kids 30 bucks to mow my lawn OMG TAX FRAUD SOMEONE CALL THE IRS JUDYKAY TO THE RESCUE. Hey kid did u file that 30 bucks well your going to jail. Shut down the lemonade stands everyone
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 07:56 AM
    hey buddy I just paid one of the neighborhood kids 30 bucks to mow my lawn OMG TAX FRAUD SOMEONE CALL THE IRS JUDYKAY TO THE RESCUE. Hey kid did u file that 30 bucks well your goin to jail. Shut down the lemonade stands everyone
    When did Judy say she was contacting the IRS? She gave her opinion that the IRS would take action over $.80, which quite frankly, I think is her way of mocking the IRS to begin with.

I'm curious as to how you don't think this is your fault. Of course it was an accident; if you wrecked the truck on purpose, you've got bigger issues. Just because you "didn't mean to" doesn't release you from your liability; if that was the case, nobody would need insurance because nobody ever plans an accident, now do they?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 6, 2009, 08:01 AM
    >Thread Closed<
    As the OP clearly can't see reason and just wants to be aggressive and argumentative.

Apr 6, 2009, 03:40 PM
    Ha everyone is wrong my lawyer says I'm not at fault at all. I should have been listed on his insurance as an insured driver. If someone worked at mcdonalds and ACCIDENTALLY knocked over a microwave and it caused a fire should they be responsible to pay. This is why you guys are online answering questions for free cause its not worth anything. THANK YOU ALL. And fact remains I still have to the end of the year to claim the money I received from working the bread route. The owner will get in more trouble for paying me under the table.
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2009, 07:45 PM
    Ha everyone is wrong my lawyer says im not at fault at all. I should have been listed on his insurance as an insured driver. If someone worked at mcdonalds and ACCIDENTALLY knocked over a microwave and it caused a fire should they be responsible to pay. This is why you guys are online answering questions for free cause its not worth anything. THANK YOU ALL. And fact remains I still have to the end of the year to claim the money I recieved from working the bread route. The owner will get in more trouble for paying me under the table.

I'm an accident investigator - your Attorney is wrong. You don't have to list occasional drivers on your auto policy. ANYONE driving any vehicle which is not stolen is covered by the owner's policy.

There's a difference between knocking over a fryer at Mcdonald's and driving a vehicle into a building, a difference which your "Attorney" undoubtedly does not recognize.

I notice you don't like the advice but you can't seem to stay away.

By the way - is this your lifetime career, delivering bread part time and off the books?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2009, 08:44 PM

Does your attorney have a license to practice law in your state? With advice like he gives I sincerely think he flunked the bar several times.

I think you just don't want to hear the part about where you will have to pay for the damage that you did to the truck or the building... whether the advice is free or not we (collectively) are correct in our assessment of many, many different scenerios when it comes to accidents... and JudyKT is an accident investigator to boot. If that's not an expert, I don't know what an expert is then. This lady actually GETS PAID real money to do this for a living so why would she give you anything but correct advice?

Hope you don't follow your "attorney's" advice though as it will come back to bite you in the situpon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bread [ 4 Answers ]

Why does my sourdough bread always fall when I bake it. Drops by about a third; any Ideas as to how to prevent this? Many thanks, Reed

Whole-wheat bread, ugh! [ 7 Answers ]

I'm so up to here with advice to dump, white flour, white rice, and white sugar. I don't eat rice so I'm okay with that. I can dump the sugar so I'm okay with that too, but eat whole-wheat bread in place of white bread — I'd rather eat baked horse manure. Wouldn't white bread be okay if I ate...

Are my parents liable for sister's boyfriends car accident [ 2 Answers ]

My sister is 23, in college, and still on my parent's car insurance plan. She was letting her boyfriend drive her car and they totaled it. One of the passengers in the car was not wearing his seatbelt, was thrown from the car, and is injured very badly. There is no law in Iowa that says he had...

Rainbow bread? [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone else remember Rainbow Bread? I remember it looked like all of the colors swirled out from the middle. It was made by a big corporate bakery (like Wonderbread or something). I would have been the early to mid 90's. I remember the commercials and I think I ate it a couple of times, but...

Bread help! [ 1 Answers ]

How do I make good light yeast rolls? Love to have any bread making reciepes. How do I now if yeast is alive and active. My bread always turns out like rocks.

View more questions Search