Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    _Someone_ Posts: 57, Reputation: 8

Apr 4, 2009, 11:19 PM
    Is this Acceptance?
    Hi all of you guys

Now its been 4 months healing from an almost 3 year relationship finished
    From a betrayal that she did to me.these are some sympthoms of my healing process.
    It should be acceptance.there is no other way I think.you judge guys.:D

1.I am starting to see things in a different point of view.I don't feel like I lost the love of my life.I just feel like I lost a good friend that I had and I think she lost more than that because I was honest till the end and I did everything I could for that relationship.

2.I don't care anymore if she will regret her decision or not in her future.its not worth losing time thinking about that.all those thinkigs that I had now seem stupid.it wasn't worth the time.

3.I don't blame her anymore for what she did.it was her decision and I respect it. Making
    The decision of the person that you want to see every morning of your life when you wake up is hard.she didn't choose me and she did good.who cares now.im happy she did this before things got much serious because we were planning to get engaged soon.

4.I don't get angry anymore when I think that I was dumped for another guy.no emotional
    Flow at all.

5.the betrayal. I don't consider it as an injustice from life. Now I think it was pure justice. A gift from God. He wants me to stay with someone who loves me and respects me truthly and that's why it happened.everything happens for a reason.it wouldn't be honest at all living with someone who doesn't love me.this would be injustice.

In the beginning I was having some immature thoughts like,. when I see her I will beat her or I will spit on her or I will call names on her... now I just think that when I see her (if I) I will just pretend I don't know her,like no one is in my way and keep walking.she doesn't deserve even looking at her after what she did.I don't want to put myself in her category.we live for this dignity.

What I want to say is :it is better to be a dumpee than a dumper. I say it millions of times
    And for me its true. It sucks in the beginning but it gets better with time. Be proud to be dumpees if you have done nothing wrong to ruin the relationship.
    Life is good and full of surprises.bad ones and good ones.every bad surprise will just make you stronger to face worse ones.

The key of faster healing is to love yourself in the first place and then try to love others.Thats what I'm doing now.Trying to be _someone_ ,to have a better life for MYSELF in the first place.I don't want to seem selfish with these words.I am not at all.I would give my life for my family and my good friends.you will get what you have worked for in this life.nothing less, nothing more.

Enjoy your life guys.:D
    Dare81 Posts: 264, Reputation: 44

Apr 4, 2009, 11:46 PM

In the beginning I was having some immature thoughts like,. when I see her I will beat her or I will spit on her or I will call names on her... now I just think that when I see her (if I) I will just pretend I don't know her,like no one is in my way and keep walking.she doesn't deserve even looking at her after what she did.I don't want to put myself in her category.we live for this dignity.

This is still kind of immature, seems like you still have some feeling left for her.

You are on the right track though.
    MiSSsy111222 Posts: 267, Reputation: 29

Apr 5, 2009, 08:13 AM

Hi _someone_ its MISSsy here. Sounds to me like your healing well. Recently I have been thinking the same about my ex, I think its acceptance, we have learned to accept the situation and we are learning to live with it. So I'm guessing our thoughts are normal, it's a sign that we are moving on. I guess this is normal right? Because our break ups was around the same time.

I think we know when we are moving on, even if it is slowly. Like not thinking about the ex as much, he/she isn't the first thing on your mind in the morning. Your feelings have changed, you don't feels as hurt or angry as before.

I agree with learning to love yourself and others, also I think learning to forgive yourself and others is good to. You will find many positive things that come out of a break up,and it sounds to me like you are discovering them. Just Imagine in a few months time how much more better you will be feeling
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 5, 2009, 10:59 AM

I think you are working through your feelings in a very mature, and positive way.

It shows both GROWTH, and healing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

NYS acceptance of online diplomas? [ 2 Answers ]

Does NYS officially recognize an online diploma from John Admas High School?

Global acceptance credit company [ 3 Answers ]

I have a debt for $2600 that I owe to collection agency global acceptance credit. If I pay them monthly payments less than what they want can they still take me to court?

How do you get over someone you love? Acceptance? [ 2 Answers ]

Well now that I know I must give her space... How do I get over her, I need tips, help, anything that works.. because she is on my mind, no she is my mind... How do I forget about her?

Asset Acceptance Collections [ 8 Answers ]

Help! I am trying to get a mortgage on a house (first time buyer!) I have settled all my collection accounts on my credit except this one with Asset Acceptance, now the strange thing about this is bought my debt back in 2003. The original credit was First Consumers National Bank, they sold all this...

Avoidance vs. Acceptance [ 3 Answers ]

So I had a bad day today in school today. With my teachers doing virtually nothing the day before February vacation, I found myself with a lot of free time doing a lot of negative thinking. I had my first period class with my ex and I saw that he had written his plans with his girlfriend for the...

View more questions Search