Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 05:54 PM
    Messed up my timelines
    I'm writing a novel for young readers, but had just realised I've messed up my time lines. So far, two days have passed for some characters, but four days for others. Would giving the main characters a couple of days to hang around slow the action too much? Is there any way to fix this?
    OwlM Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 09:05 AM

I would first of all suggest you use writers software like writers Cafe(if interested ask me I tell you where to get it), and instead just hang around add pieces that would make séance later. Don't just go oh "past few day were so boring that I don't even know what to mention, without falling asleep", if you do this on computer you always have chance to plug in information. I am old style so I like to do things on paper, yet I consider that work more of draft, and usually I use writers soft that try's to cover most details. Don't worry its not cheating your effort, writers cannot remember everything, it is just a way of organizing things.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 04:36 PM

Believe me, I don't write "Last few days were boring." Actually, I doubt writers software would have caught the time line thing. One of my characters was in hospital and mentions tests that were carried out. Anyone who knows medicine would realise those tests took time. But so far, no-one else has noticed, I haven't been counting out the days.
    OwlM Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 04:43 AM

I thought it would not help too until tried. My part was to suggest and your is to accept or decline.
    For some reason you sounded offended, my apologies If I did, that I did not intended to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How did it get so messed up? [ 7 Answers ]

Okay I am new here but I need some advice from outside the box. I am 24 years old and was married to a man that still has my heart and I can't get over him, not so complicated huh. We met on our way to Iraq when we got put in the same unit, it was as if we had known each other way before then, he...

I messed up so bad! [ 12 Answers ]

So, you can read my other post "BF afraid to committ" for the back story, but I just messed up big time! After, the "I love you" text message he sent me a couple of days ago, I did good and didn't respond. I was feeling really good and then today I just started feeling down again and those love...

I might have messed everything up [ 11 Answers ]

Help me. I might have ruined my relationship. My g/f is in india and should be coming home soon, she was meant to be back earlier but ran out of money. So today I slept in cause I've got some study leave and she called me, but the ring tone woke me up and scared me half to death and when I...

W2 is messed up, I think [ 2 Answers ]

My husband is in the Military and we got his W2. The problem is that he is deployed and he got a bonus while he was over there. On his W2 it showed that amount in Box 1, and I was told it is not suppose to be there. I have already done my taxes. Is it suppose to be there, and if not what do I do?...

I am all messed up [ 6 Answers ]

I have never had a problem getting girls ever it has always been to easy for me I grew up with four girls I am not gay or bi but I am comfortable with my sexuality. Not to long ago I was living on cape cod mass. And I was dating the girl I thought I was going to be with for the rest of my life I...

View more questions Search