Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    House4Mike Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 05:25 PM
    Finding a philanthropist
    That will help a 22 year quadriplegic, build a house that is both wheelchair accessible and 100% green?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2009, 05:50 PM

Hi, House4Mike!

Have you ever heard of Habitat for Humanity? They might be able to help. The link to the main site for them is below.

Habitat for Humanity Int'l

Thanks!
    meadowsislands Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 09:45 PM

Have you applied at Extreme MakeOver Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - Extreme Makeover Home Edition - Apply / Nominate - ABC.com
    There are also other shows that do this. You could check on the web somewhere. Look up like home TV and CMT? God bless
    House4Mike Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 04:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, House4Mike!

Have you ever heard of Habitat for Humanity? They might be able to help. The link to the main site for them is below.

Habitat for Humanity Int'l

Thanks!
    Yes I have a good friend of mine works there and she had them contact me and you must be working at least 30 hours per week and have an annual income of $15,000. Which, I have neither as I am 100% disabled in my education background is specialized.

Although, I did work three different jobs through the Social Security Administration on a program called the PASS plan, on this plan you can work as many hours as the employer will give you. I was still able to keep my social security benefits during that nine-month program, I went to Arizona State University West campus.

To get a degree In Sociology, after working nine months for the State of Arizona, my position was being done away with. I was a schoolteacher and was voted schoolteacher of the month nine months in a row. At the end of the nine months this state was supposed to hire me provided I had satisfactory reviews. Which I honestly did but as I stated above they said the position was being done away with.

I got to know some of the other teachers that had worked there for years, except they were not disabled.

If you need further information, I will be logging on more often to check for messages.

Sincerely
    Michael Barbour
    Michael Barbour

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Individual grant from philanthropist [ 5 Answers ]

Hi is there a Philanthropist who gives individual grants for free?

I need to finding someone [ 20 Answers ]

Hi I need help finding my dad his name I Charles he has a married sister named Brenda Smith He left my sister and I when I was 1 and my sister was unborn. I have half brothers and sisters I have an old canceled credit card and a Block buster video card uder his name he lives in Ca or Ks he has...

Finding a will [ 17 Answers ]

My Father Just Passed Away A Day Ago And His Live In Girlfriend Of 3 Years Is Trying To Claim All The Family Inhertiance. My Dad Supposley Had A Will Made Up But Now We Can Not Find It And The Attorney Said He Is Not Sure If He Has A Copy Of It. Where Do We Go From Here?

Finding our Son [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to find our son Jerry Brethauer. We haven't heard from him in 5 years and don't understand why. The last we knew he was living and working in Las Vegas. Can someone help me, I have tired the internet also paid money to one of the companies on line and they didn't give me the...

Can anyone aid me in finding. [ 3 Answers ]

The kraft dinner commercial where those kids are playing hockey and put the mac and cheese in their helmets?

View more questions Search