Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 02:39 PM

Do Canadians pay taxes to subsidize the Royal Family ?
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Apr 6, 2009, 03:30 PM

Okay :

The world blames the US for the global recession, but expects our military to protect them?

The world loves Obama, in part because he is the first [half] black POTUS, and Obama is now bowing to other head's of state? Wow, I thought America stood for equality, merit, "fairness?" Did the Saudi king also bow?

Does anyone else see the irony in this?

Yup, change you can believe in.

G&P
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    I think I agree with Twinks on this one. Here is one more small detail that suggests an Obama lean toward Islam.
    Surprise surprise.. A couple of crazy radicals agreeing on an outlandish conspiracy theory.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 03:52 PM
    Skell, some of your comments are offensive. (Re: G. Bush)
    Gal, Most of your comments are offensive. (Re: B. Obama)

I find it strange you find my comments offensive re: Bush but not Elliots re: Obama. Actually, no! I don't find it strange.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Apr 7, 2009, 06:34 AM

Skell,

In what way have my comments been offensive? The only thing I have done is state historical fact.

Elliot
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2009, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    Maybe Obama was just bending over and getting ready for... something.
    What, a blowjob?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 07:39 AM

I think Abdullah said ;"ok ...now turn around so we can speak face to face" .
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 07:46 AM

I have been reading this since yesterday and I am trying to give a F@#k about it but it is just not happening. This is beyond silly.
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2009, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    I have been reading this since yesterday and I am trying to give a F@#k about it but it is just not happening. This is beyond silly.
    The haters will not be deterred.
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2009, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I think Abdullah said ;"ok ...now turn around so we can speak face to face" .
    Oh I get it, that's your way of saying that Obama is an a$$. Nice one.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    No one's asking you to give a%$^ about it, Spit, that's your prerogative. It's a free country, and perhaps it will stay that way if our president stops sucking up to the rest of the world.
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    The haters will not be deterred.
    For once, you're absolutely right. They just keep hating and hating and running their fool mouths like it was the end of the world.
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2009, 08:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    For once, you're absolutely right. They just keep hating and hating and running their fool mouths like it was the end of the world.
    I was of course referring to the people on this website but your comment fits in perfectly.
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I was of course referring to the people on this website but your comment fits in perfectly.
    Obviously you're confused about what a "hater" is, but feel free to point out my "hate." I've already linked to real hate.
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 03:55 PM
    Skell,

In what way have my comments been offensive? The only thing I have done is state historical fact.

Elliot
    None of them have offended me Elliot. Gal is the one getting all wussy and upset over a couple of Bush jibes. All harmless stuff. Much like your one below.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...ml#post1649432

I just found it funny that he has a problem with my little joke but not yours. Typical though!
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Apr 7, 2009, 05:10 PM

For everyone's information:

I am not convinced that Obama is a closet Muslim, but there seems to be a pattern emerging, and we should all be aware.

I hear now that Obama may be OK with a nuclear Iran. Anyone have more info on the veracity of this?
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 09:02 PM

I am not convinced that Obama is a closet Muslim, but there seems to be a pattern emerging, and we should all be aware.

I hear now that Obama may be OK with a nuclear Iran. Anyone have more info on the veracity of this?
    Haven't heard this?

I thought he was for worldwide nuclear disarmament?
    45notdaddy Posts: 62, Reputation: 15

Apr 7, 2009, 11:20 PM

That's a load on both counts.

Just because he's not threatening to start a third war doesn't mean he's "OK with a Nuclear Iran". It means that unlike his predecessor who couldn't complete a cogent and coherent sentence Obama is making a serious effort to find common ground with Iran on Afghanistan and Iraq. One way is to dispel the Bush-era threat of regime change in order to get Iran to stop it's nuclear "power" program and stop sending insurgents across the border.

I'm glad we're free of the Elmer Fudd / Dr. Evil administration with their ACME brand intelligence and secret death squads. We might actually get something accomplished in the world that doesn't involve getting us into a war. I want to see Obama's policies WORK, that's why I voted for him.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Apr 8, 2009, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 45notdaddy View Post
    That's a load on both counts.

Just because he's not threatening to start a third war doesn't mean he's "OK with a Nuclear Iran". It means that unlike his predecessor who couldn't complete a cogent and coherent sentence Obama is making a serious effort to find common ground with Iran on Afghanistan and Iraq. One way is to dispel the Bush-era threat of regime change in order to get Iran to stop it's nuclear "power" program and stop sending insurgents across the border.
    This paragraph makes two assumptions based on "facts" that are not in evidence.

The first is that Iran's problem with the Western world and the USA in particular is because of our invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan. I seem to remember the current Iranian government taking American hostages back in 1978. I also seem to remember them, much more recently, threatening to wipe a US ally off the map. I also remember them attacking Iraq (and vise-versa) for a 10-year period in the 1980s. So, exactly what part of our invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan has been the cause of their beligerence and desire for nuclear weapons?

Second, you are assuming that the "Bush-era threat of regime change" is a bad thing. As a student of the Middle-Eastern mind and its philosophies, I can tell you that the only way to get through to a Muslim extremist (which is exactly what Ahmadinejad is) is to scare the crap out him... and carry through with the threat if he doesn't become scared. To most Middle-Easterners, what you and I call "reasonable" and "peaceful" are seen as signs of weakness. And weakness is something to be exploited. Only strength -- military might -- is respected. As long as Ahmadinejad and the Mullahs are in charge, they will see any attempts by Obama to "negotiate in good faith", be "reasonable", and "make peace" as signs of weakness. They will believe either that the USA wants something from them, which means they have the upper hand in world diplomacy, or else they will believe that the USA is incapable of stopping them from doing whatever they want. Only through a true threat of military superiority by the USA over Iran will the leadership in Iran become quiescent. And proof of that military strength must be demonstrated over and over again. This is a fact born out, time and again, throughout history. Just look at the history of the Palestinian/Israeli conflict for evidence... every time Israel makes a concession, the attacks against them by PA terrorists increase. Every time Israel shows its strength by invading and controlling West Bank territory, the attacks decrease significantly.

Bush understood that fact of Middle-Eastern mentality. Obama clearly does not.

I'm glad we're free of the Elmer Fudd / Dr. Evil administration with their ACME brand intelligence and secret death squads. We might actually get something accomplished in the world that doesn't involve getting us into a war. I want to see Obama's policies WORK, that's why I voted for him.
    First of all, what "death squads"? I sense some hyperbole here.

Second of all, based on what I have said above, the chances are very high that not only will Obama's policies fail miserably in bringing peace and a decrease in nuclear weapons, but that Iran and other rogue regimes will become nuclear powers in their own rights. I also forsee a worldwide increase in terrorism over the next 4 years. The world will become LESS secure, LESS peaceful and more dangerous. And in 4 years, we will HAVE to go to war with SOMEONE, because Obama will have made us look weak in the eyes of the rest of the world. And given his cuts in the military budget, that image may end up being the reality.

Elliot
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2009, 06:29 AM
    And in 4 years, we will HAVE to go to war with SOMEONE, because Obama will have made us look weak in the eyes of the rest of the world.
    Why would someone wage war on your country simply because they assume you "look weak"?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search