Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gjkristi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 07:20 AM
    Can't access ebay.com through internet explorer or Firefox
    Using xp professional sp2 and internet explorer 6.0 sp3 and can not access ebay.com using the address bar. Can access all other sites that I know of. I will relocate me to Google search then when I click on ebay.com it will give me the white screen isp provider etc. I have windows firewall turned off, other computers on same network are fine. I have deleted cookies and history, have tried Firefox and also used the ip address for eBay and still nothing. But I can type eBay Motors - Autos, Used Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Trucks, Parts, Accessories, RVs and Other Vehicles and it works. Any thing else to try
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 4, 2009, 07:31 AM
    I'm also having issues with eBay as well.
    I think it's them rather than anything we can do.

Apr 4, 2009, 06:10 PM

I fixed my issue. I went into windows/system32/ and renamed hosts to hostsold and rebooted PC. Works great now.

Apr 4, 2009, 06:20 PM

Sorry The fix was in windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts. Just rename hosts to hostsold and reboot PC
    mickeyswonderem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gjkristi View Post
    Sorry The fix was in windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts. Just rename hosts to hostsold and reboot PC
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been unable to access paypal, Google, and eBay since I got a virus a couple months ago. I was able to get myself back on the internet, but could not access those 3 sites. I called paypal and my internet service provider and nothing they told me to do worked. Thanks to you, I followed your instructions, and BINGO, I'm back on. Again, thank you.

Mickey

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Safest Sites To Download the Current Internet Explorer and Firefox Browsers [ 7 Answers ]

Hi! I'm just wondering where the safest sites would be to download the latest Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers would be? Thanks!

Internet Explorer error message, and no download capabilities w/ Firefox [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a problem with Internet Explorer. Every time I try and open up IE, a message pops up "the ordinal 13 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll" and IE 7 does not even open up. This is where the other problem lies. I also have Firefox 3, when I try and download...

Internet OK.just can't get Firefox or internet explorer to work [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have.windows XP.I have d-link wireless for both laptops and netgear for this laptop,other laptop is fine.just can't load up a web page on this laptop.have mozilla Firefox.and internet explorer.I have looked at settings but I not sure what I am looking for, any help would be welcome

Internet explorer or moxilla Firefox [ 11 Answers ]

Any opinion which is better IE or Firefox? I'm currently using the IE but plan to use the Firefox too... what's the difference? Thanks

Firefox Vs. Internet Explorer [ 5 Answers ]

So I've been thinking of getting that Firefox browser, I'm just not sure of what the if I should get it or not. Sure the website says they're all that and more but what do the people say about it? I mean is it as good as the website says, or is there anything wrong with it and whatnot. What...

View more questions Search