Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 06:54 AM
    Living nextdoor to brendan!
    Hello.. ive been living next door to brendan for over a year,lately we have been spending a lot of time together,the relationship has changed from neighbours,to friends to something else.. we have never kissed.. I fancy him.. I know he fancies me.. why the hell won't he ask me out?

I can't ask him.. im old school.. HE should ask ME!

Should I just let it go and move on?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 08:19 AM

All because your old school your going let a chance him slip through your fingers?

This is a new day and age so instead of waiting for him to make his move, you should step up to the plate and make one.

Swallow your pride and asked. It isn't hard!

I was the one that asked my fiancé out and I am pretty sure that if I didn't, we wouldn't be together let alone be getting married.

In closing take a change and ask him.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 08:41 AM

Yeah you really should take a chance and ask him out, like Liz said this is a new day and age.

If you sit around and wait for him to make a move, you might very well loose the chance of a date all together. If we don't venture... we will never gain...

Best of luck to you! Tell us how it goes once you've asked him out ;)

Roxy
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 09:13 AM

I don't think it's "risky" to ask a guy out, or simply let him know you're open to him asking you out. It's not risky AT ALL based on the sideways logic in the original question, noted here:
    i can't ask him.. im old school.. HE should ask ME!

should i just let it go and move on?
    Based on this, she would rather move on than ask him out, meaning if he never does, they won't ever even try.

So, what is "risked" if she gets over the pointless inhibition and just tells him? If he passes, she hasn't lost anything, since she planned to "move on" anyway.

My dad always said, "If you don't ask, then the answers already 'no', so ask anyway. If they say 'no', nothing's changed."

Think about it.

Shyness is cute when you're dating someone, it is something to be overcome and ignored when you're meeting and initiating stuff with others. In that case, shyness causes you to lose out, don't let that happen.

Either ask him out, or at least let him know you're looking forward to doing something with him some time, indicating you're waiting for him to ask you out.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 09:34 AM

You may be old school, but what if he is NEW school? How old are you??

Honestly, I would be wary of getting anything started with someone that close. I imagine he has similar concerns.

Either take a risk, or leave it alone.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 09:58 AM

Brendan and redhed35 up a tree.k.i.s.s.i.n.g!

I bit the bullet and asked the lovely brendan out..

He said yes.. thanks for the push guys!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 6, 2009, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    brendan and redhed35 up a tree.k.i.s.s.i.n.g!

i bit the bullet and asked the lovely brendan out..

he said yes.. thanks for the push guys!
    Good thing I continued reading all the posts and saw that you went for it.

I was wondering how many great guys were slipped away because girls used the old school approach. How badly would you feel if another girl asked him out first? Luckly we don't have to worry about that now!

Good for you for not letting him slip away!
    starlite1 Posts: 753, Reputation: 58

Apr 6, 2009, 10:42 AM

Good for you, Redhead! Keep us posted!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 11:30 AM

Congrats Red, keep us posted on how things go! We love to hear good stories, most on here are quite dreadful.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 12:49 PM
    Hey! Good for you ;) (Ps. ;) I'm glad you bit the bullet ; you ventured, you gained. :) I'm happy for you!
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 01:00 PM

Phew! Thought id lost my mojo there..

Heads up.. brendan just sent a text..
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 01:41 PM

I supposed to be on a date! But I'm here all dolled up and no brendan.

What the hell?

He was supposed to pick me up at 9,its 20 to 10,where the hell is he??
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 02:54 PM

Did you call him? I hope everything works out and you don' get stood up by a neighbor. And I hope he has a reasonable excuse.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 11, 2009, 02:57 PM

Don't give up, men are never on time.

::hiding, hiding, hiding:: The guys are going to smack me for that. ;)
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 06:11 PM

Brendan called,we went out,his excuse was valid and reasonable,although I was 'officially 'pissed off.

He was the perfect gentleman,I have a pain in my jaws from laughing,he walked me to the door and kissed (so so tender) we said goodnight and have plans for the cinema on Tuesday.

Thank you all for giving me the push to ask him out.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 11, 2009, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    brendan called,we went out,his excuse was valid and reasonable,although i was 'officially 'pissed off.

he was the perfect gentleman,i have a pain in my jaws from laughing,he walked me to the door and kissed (so so tender) we said goodnight and have plans for the cinema on tuesday.

thankyou all for giving me the push to ask him out.
    Awww, that sounds great.

Oh to be in the wonderful beginning of a relationship, such a wonderful time.

Enjoy every minute, have fun, be yourself and keep us posted. I'm living vicariously through you now! ;)
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 05:29 AM

Everything going well with brendan and me,no disasters to report!

Its his birthday tomorrow,and since we have been going out a very short time,what would be a suitable gift?

He likes fishing, dogs,music,books and is redorating his house.. but I don't want to get something that screams.. 'brendan I want to have your babies'!

Ideas so far have been,a t-shirt.
    A c.d.
    starlite1 Posts: 753, Reputation: 58

Apr 24, 2009, 06:00 AM

Hi Red,

How about you taking him out to dinner, and buying him something for his house that is personal to him? What room(s) is he redecorating? And what are his tastes? Perhaps dinner and a gift certificate to a home store?
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 06:16 AM

Hey starlite,dinner sounds good,he was bringing me out anyway,last Sunday we went furniture shopping for his lounge,I did think about a picture he liked but he thought was too expensive..

I do have a day voucher for an adventure centre.. hmmm.. that might be fun.. take him off for the day,what do you think?
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 06:40 AM

Redhead that sounds like a good plan to me. If you get him a car get a funny one. Hallmark got some good ones.

I am glad things are working out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is living together [ 4 Answers ]

Does living together mean that two partners should have some sexual relation.

Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, Placement of Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? Thanks & Regards

Nextdoor neighbor [ 2 Answers ]

I fancy my nextdoor neighbor but my sister keeps saying its obvious he fancies me by the way he reacts around me but I've never noticed it. What shall I do to get him to ask me out?? Amy

What are you living for [ 21 Answers ]

Not sure where to put this so please redirect if it's the wrong place. Why are you staying alive? What do you do for a living? Say you finnished your education, leant a skill that would keep you in the black or a safety net if you don' succeed in your dream. Then what? Carry on working the same...

Movie - The Girl Nextdoor [ 1 Answers ]

Bonjour! J'aimerais savoir le nom de la chanson, et du chanteur qui passé lorsque qu'il font finalement l'amour dans la limousine.. Cette chanson reviens souvent dans les même film du genre. Un slow comme, Si vous connaissez cette chanson là , la reconnaissez faites moi en part! :) répondez...

View more questions Search