Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 06:16 AM
    Your worst dating experience?
    I thought it would be cool to start a thread about your worst date ever.

I just recalled going out on a date with a date that stinked. He smelled like he didn't shower in days but tried to cover up his funk by wearing cologne. It seems like he took a bath in cologne but forgot to was himself with soap first.

I made a quick retreat and left within 5 minutes. Then he called me a few days later asking to hang out again.

I asked did he plan on taking a shower? But he hung up the phone.
    MiSSsy111222 Posts: 267, Reputation: 29

Apr 4, 2009, 07:17 AM

Hahah that does sound bad. Its terrible when they don't make an effort! This kind of happened to me but he didn't smell, he just didn't put an ounce of effort into his appearance at all. His cloths was ripped and scraggy and he didn't shave. Surely I'm worth abit of effort!! This was a big turn off for me, he asked if we could go out again and I politly declined. Not just because of his appearance but because we didn't click.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 08:28 AM
    that sounds really bad Liz :P

I have only been on like one real date with a person I hardly new (lol so I'm counting out anniversary dinners with my X boyfriend since we lived together when those dinners took place) I like casual hang-outs a lot better

but when I was 16 I had this horrible friend, who had met this guy on a local chat site. She asked me if I wouldn't come with me to meet with him and his friend and hang out with them.

of course, blue eyed as I was, it took me about an hour to figure out that my friend and the guy had met several times before and had decided to be friends... this whole day was about setting me up with his strange, shy and awkward friend.

Gosh it was horrible. We were watching Eurovision song contest (horrible show) and my friend and that guy kept going out of the room leaving me alone with the strange guy who was 18 at the time...

it was nothing but awkward silence and boring small talk... suddenly he took out some blank drawing paper and some pens and he started drawing a picture (horrible!) and in a talk-bubble it said: Do you want to be my girlfriend?

I didn't know what to do with myself and I didn't know him... I tried to let him down easy... and told him that; yeah its nice of you to ask, but.. no.. I must say its an anecdote I've retold many times over the last 9 years though, lol which makes me feel like a mean person by the way. Just the awkwardness of it all.

OOO; and the strange guy he has been dating my old high school friend for years now according to my dad (he worked with her briefly last year :p)

great post LIz ;)
    Hathor Posts: 73, Reputation: 9

Apr 4, 2009, 10:23 AM

Had some bad 'first' dates, but none qualifies as worst, so I think I'll share my worst dating experience which was not during the date itself.

Met this good-looking guy at a party at my boss's place, exchanged numbers, he texted me the next day casually asking me out for lunch. Had this first date the following day, everything went smoothly, got an sms from him how he was happy with that lunch and hoped to get together again soon. Met again in another party, this time we hang out in a group. When the pub closed a group of us 6 (3 guys+3 girls including me and him) wanted to continue somewhere else but couldn't find a place so we decided to crash at one of the group's place because it was too late to go home (drunk). The place was spacious and this host had lots of mattresses for some reason. I slept on the couch while this guy on one of the mattresses nearby. We woke up in the morning to find that this (my) guy was gone, no message left. When I got back home, I just noticed new sms on my mobile. There were 4 from him. The first said, 'You were so cute. I wish you were on the same mattress next to me'. The second, 'I'm so sorry for that sms. Please ignore or delete it. I'm not normally like this. I guess I was just drunk and lonely'. The third, 'I feel so bad about that sms and couldn't focus on work the whole morning. Can I make it up to you by inviting you to my place for a movie?', and the fourth, 'I started to like you. Last night I woke up because there was some noise. I thought it was you and... (another guy in the group). I felt hurt and jealous so I left'.

My reaction was, what the.. Why childish sms? I was starting to like him too! And he screwed up by accusing me of doing another guy (in a stranger's house with friends around). We exchanged more sms, me asking him what was going on, he explaining and apologising. He said he had a problem with texting people weird sms when he was drunk. He promised me to stay sober so that he could prove to me he's worthy of my friendship. One night he texted me at 2 am (I never turn my mobile off) saying he succeeded in being sober and just want to let me know. I replied a bit harshly saying it was 2. Amyway, he's not a bad person, so I told him I forgave him. I went to another party that he hosted, but things weren't the same anymore. It turned awkward. So I stopped contacting him.

Shame, he's actually really cute!
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 08:07 AM

Thanks for sharing eveyone.

Another one I just thought of. One time I went out on a blind date with this guy set up by friends.

When we actually met I thought he was okay and we talked prior to the date so I was excited.

The excitement went down after we went to a restaurant and when the bill came he advised me he didn't have no money. He only had carfare that he had to borrow from his buddy.

I was upset because I wished he would have told me before hand. So I paid the bill and then before parting ways he had the nerves to asked me if can come back to my house for a night cap.

I looked at him like he was crazy and left without saying anything. Once I got home my friend, who set up the date, I let her have it.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 08:15 AM

Worst date, definitely would be when I went to the movies with a girl from work(bad idea) well she just would not stop talking during the movie! That set the tone for the whole night, so then I decided to go to the party she invited me to, thinking we could talk and such there. We got there and immediately she took off with her friends, leaving me with a bunch of people I didn't know. On that note, I went back to my truck and left. She called me later asking where I went to and I simply said, I left hours ago, and you're just noticing? She said, I was talking to my ex and I laughed and said, "that's fine, goodbye"
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 08:21 AM

I never really had a bad date but I have had a really HORRIBLE First (and last) kiss. She went in for a regular kiss I went in for a tongue kiss do I need to explain what happened next. Then we both looked at each other and I said yeah OK bye and got out of there. We never called each other again.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 08:27 AM

My worst date ever!

I was 19 and my dad thought that being a single mother who wasn't dating, that I really needed to get back into the dating world. :rolleyes:

He had a boy that he liked (and hoped I would to) that worked for him at his shop. Somehow through my father we exchanged phone numbers and talked on the phone a couple of times before deciding to do the blind date thing.

Because I was a single mother, we made plans to order pizza and watch a movie at my apartment, I mean he did work for my father. Well as it turned out my sister was able to come over for the night to babysit, so when he showed up I let him know that we could go out to dinner. So he drove and we went to a restaurant for dinner, the talk was OK primarily about him being in Phantom Regiment, bugal core :eek:, but then when the bill came... he told me he didn't have any money with him, because I was going to be ordering pizza in and he hadn't planned on going out. Ummm OMG! :mad: So I guess he wouldn't have been paying for the pizza either, or even half!

After that I was done with the date and I just couldn't wait to go home. On the way home (since we were close to his apartment) he told me he had to stop and take care of his cat :rolleyes: because he hadn't after work since he headed straight to my house. I kept telling him to just drop my off first, but I think he honestly thought we would still be hanging out at my house and all I wanted was to get away from him! So since he was driving we did get to stop so he could check on his cat. When we pulled up to my apartment, I was out of the car yelling good-bye behind me before he could even think about asking to come in.

So the one thing I learned... What my father really thought about me! :(
    dreamingartist Posts: 104, Reputation: 54

Apr 6, 2009, 08:39 AM

I took a girl out from a online dating service (NEVER AGAIN). LOL. She had one of those "maybe" photos... where you are like... maybe she is hot.. but I just can't tell. It's a weird angle, she could be smokin hot, she could be using a good camera.

So we go out. 5 seconds after she got out of her car (we drove seperately) I saw the true colors and was like oh no!! :D but I am a nice guy.. so I played it off like nothing was wrong, and figured, we can at least have dinner, hang out, get to know each other, and we can be friends...

She had long long long hair. She was 5'10" and her hair went from her head to the back of her calves. I am not joking!!! to make matters worse, she had 1 side in a Princess Leia Bun (the cinamon roll) and the other side she had a a side pony tail. while the remainder hung down to her calves. it was amazing... to put it nicely...

She also had orthapedic shoes... which was a turn off.. I don't know why... its just like saying.. "no I will never wear high heels or flip flops or anything, I wear medical shoes. Black on Black medical shoes.

So obviously we weren't attracted, but I was like, at least we can be friends... I mean, I'm not looking for attraction in friends, I am looking for peronslity and compatibility.

well that went out the window when the first 30 minutes of the conversation she proceeded to tell me about all her bad dates and how she stalks her X-boyfriend and asks me if its weird for her to drive by his house...

yes... yes its weird... (Check please).

OK, so I basically eat, and then tell her that she's cool but we just don't vibe and I am not looking for anything romantic.

then the whammy..! She actually says... who said I was intrested in anything romantic with you.. I am not attracted to you at all... and in the same breath, she is like.. so do you want to go out again Saturday??

:D :D so I politely decline and tell her no thanks and it was nice to hang and that I would call her "IF" I ever wanted to hang again...

OK so 5 days goes by.. and she texts me this message.

and I reply and I'm like, "hey whats up"

she says "YOU ARE NOT DEAD!!!!!"

and starts harassing me because I haven't texted her in the 5 days since we ate...

so I basically re-tell her that I was just friendly and I wasn't intrested and etc etc..

then... at 2 AM in the morning, I got a 2 page letter from her telling me her whole life story about online dating and all the guys she went out with and how none of them work and etc etc..

I read it and brush it of... then.. at 2:45 another 1 page letter!! This time its telling me "hey if you know any good looking guys who are not scared to be with a girl, please send them my way"

but it was written in a 1 page format, not a sentence like I shortened it down to :)

so I never replied and funny enough I've seen her randomly out in public 2 separate times... and she gives me the crazy eye but I just pretend I have a twin brother and I don't know who she is...

this is why blind dates do NOT work :) unless someone you know has seen her and has good judgement.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 09:04 AM

Dreamingartist your experience was so funny and it reminded me of something.

I was having a bad hair day on the day of my date. So instead of dealing with it I weng out and brought a wig. I thought the wig look cute so I went home and put it on.

I had no experience with wigs and didn't have no friends around me at that moment to ensure it was on right.

So I put it on but didn't put it on right. Once I got outside the wind twisted it a little but I didn't really pay any mind to it. Every where I went people was staring and in my mind I like "What they looking at?"

So I met the guy at the bowling alley and he looked at me strange too but I played a blind eye to it.

So we proceed with the date and starting bowling. Since the wig wasn't secure it fell off when I slipped as I went to throw the ball.

I was embrassed but played it off by laughing so he joined in. Then he said " I am glad that thing fell off because it was doing you no justice and I wanted to say something to you from the start but I know how sensitive girls are about there hair".

I threw the wig in the gargage and wore my hair in a ponytail for the remainder of our date.

And that guy is now my fiancé. And I haven't wore a wig since then.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 09:19 AM

Another online experience... she looked extremely hot on her profile pic. She had posted several pics of herself, all good looking. I am not trying to be shallow, but you are attracted to someone based upon looks, especially when it comes to online dating.

At any rate, we talk and end up setting up a date at a local bar and grill. I didn't want to make things overly fancy and uncomfortable. She walks in, and I am just shocked... I had the "who in the hell are you???" though running through my head... I am 6'2", and she is maybe 5'4". Whatever, I go in with an open mind. I go to hug her, and she completely rejects the hug... I was in complete shock, so it was awkward from there. I got rejected in front of the entire bar area too, so it made things even worse...

We talk the entire time at dinner, she does most of the talking. She is a sweet gal, but I wanted to sue for false advertisement, as she looked NOTHING like her pic. At any rate, I buy everything, I walk her to her car, and she NEVER once thanked me or anything. All she said was, "Call me sometime." She was interested, but seemed intimidated by me...

Just plain awkward. Lesson: be VERY cautious about the expectations you make on the online dating sites. Not evertything is what it seems. It was by far the most awkward thing I have done as far as dating. I am not trying to say I am Brad Pitt or anything, but I guess I just went into the situation with an expectation and picture of what she would look like, and it was totally different. Needless to say, I cancelled my membership after this..

Carry on... :cool:
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    I never really had a bad date but I have had a really HORRIBLE First (and last) kiss. She went in for a regular kiss I went in for a tongue kiss do i need to explain what happened next. Then we both looked at each other and I said yeah ok bye and got out of there. We never called each other again.
    I had a similar situation. After a first date (lunch) with absolutely no chemistry, the guy walked me back to work. I thought we were going in for a kiss on the cheek, he thought we were going for a real kiss. He ended up licking my face. The worst part - 2 of my employees saw it happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

Your worst sexual experience. [ 187 Answers ]

Hi, I thought it would be cool to share our WORST sexual experience. I have few but here goes a couple: A while back I was dating this guy I really liked until it turned sexual. They say size doesn't matter but it does to me. He had to be no more than 2 inches, while hard. The width was,...

Dunkin donuts gone wrong. Worst experience ever! [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, so I started this blog so that everyone can vent about a bad resturaunt/bar/diner/fast experience they have recently had. Now I'm a dunkin donuts person. I never got into starbucks. I hate coffee but I love the other selection of drinks they have and everything (donuts, cookies, snadwiches,...

So what's the worst thing that ever happened to you dating or in a relationship? [ 20 Answers ]

Most everyone on here is in rehab over a relationship gone bad - or going bad. But what is the WORST relationship/dating incident/situation you ever experienced? It may put some of this in perspective. I mean how bad can it get? Well, for therapy, It's good to see sometimes. Just a...

Been dating a woman on 2 prescription meds! (any experience with this?) [ 8 Answers ]

I am taking a break from a relationshiop that has been very good and also tough recently. Anyone ever been on meds or dated someone on Lexapro and Topamax. Previously paxil. She has been dealing with depression and still echoes of a 2 year old divorce. And the topamax is for migraines...

View more questions Search