Ask
    herbvjr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 06:01 AM
    Freezers ice cold but not refrigerator
    Freezers ice cold but not refrigerator GE Model GSL22JFTA
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2009, 09:20 AM

This has all the earmarks of the defrost timer switch went bad. Very common problem in fridges regardless of what brand.
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Apr 4, 2009, 06:23 PM

If there is a lot of frost on the back wall of the freezer, (inside) it's not defrosting. The typical cause for this is the defrost heater. ( behind the back panel in the freezer at the bottom) Unplug the unit. Remove the defrost heater and check it with and ohmmeter. If it's open, replace it. Replacement part # should be WR51X10101

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refrigerator doesn't get cold [ 3 Answers ]

I have a magic chef refrigerator. I can hear it running, but it doesn't get cold in either the fridge part or freezer. It doesn't make ice cubes, but I can see frost building up in the back of the freezer part.

Ultra-low freezers [ 5 Answers ]

I work in a biorepository and I was wondering as to why certain specimens are stored at certain temperatures. We have storage of +4c refrigerator, -20c freezer, -80c freezer, and LN2 storage. I know why some material is stored in the LN2 tanks, but why is some material stored in +4c, -20c, -80C...

Refrigerator too cold [ 1 Answers ]

It's a admiral ATB2110DR freezer on top model about 8 years old. Everything seems to be working okay except the temp. I've replaced the temp control/thermostat twice and it still runs too cold. With the freezer set and max and the fridge set a min the fridge still gets down to around 32. The...

Refrigerator not getting cold [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed that my Frigidare refrig. Was not getting very cold but the freezer was working fine. I took the back cover in the freezer off and de-thawed the coils. I replaced the defrost switch in the refrigerator but it looks like the ice is still building up on the back wall of the freezer. Any...

Refrigerator not cold [ 2 Answers ]

Whirlpool refrigerator is not getting cold. Followed suggestion to clear vents between fridge and freezer - freezer is cold - but fridge is warm. Suggestions?

View more questions Search