Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheizsored Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 08:38 PM
    Notice of entry with process server
    Hello all. I have been going through the divorce process for some time now. The location of my soon to be ex husband is unknown. As such, I had to go the "service by publication" route. After paying over $1,300 and taking all of the necessary steps, my divorce judgment is days away from being signed. However, I am now realizing that I must serve him with the notice of entry and I am wondering how that is possible when there is no known address? Will I have to pay more money to have another ad posted to alert him that the divorce has been completed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I live in the New York area in case that has any bearing on the answer. Thanks in advance.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2009, 11:13 AM

Yes, if the only means of service is publication, that is what you will have to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sheriff is the process server, do I have to meet him? [ 4 Answers ]

If the sheriff has contacted me and asked me to meet him so that he can serve me papers, can I get into trouble if I don't set up a meeting time? Can I legally get into trouble, as in arrested? This would be in King County, Washington

Process server at my house left without leaving anything [ 8 Answers ]

Help I have beenaway on vacation and I come back and a process server came to my house my stepson told him I wasn't in and he left, and I have no idea what this is about, how do I find out if there is a court date, I live in Florida. Thank you

Can a process server get into trouble for lying? [ 9 Answers ]

The process server filed that he served me when I was at work. He placed the paperwork in my door.

Process server lied about service date! [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently served an Unlawful Detainer by the son of the Landlords attorney. He served me on the 18th of April but claimed to the court through his documentation that he served me on the 16th! When I went to the court house to file my Answer to the Unlawful Detainer the clerk told me a Default...

No notice entry/ re-rent / notice [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I signed a year lease three months ago. We are currently living in Tennesee. The lease is 20 pages in length with numerous addendums etc. etc. It appears "iron clad". I have two questions, if you answer please consider the state I live in with your reply. 1. The maintenance...

View more questions Search