Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sara356 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 07:56 PM
    Cat leaking blood from vagina
    Please help! My cat gave birth yesterday to six kittens. The labor went rather quickly all six kittens were born in an hour. She cleaned the kittens perfectly and chewed the cords. This was her very first time giving birth. I'm very confused and worried because I have read about the mama cats dying from the placentas being left inside. I did not see any placentas yesterday when she gave birth however I do not know that she didn't eat them. She was cleaning the kittens so quickly,and she seemed to be bothered by me hanging around so I let her handle her business alone only checking on her ever so often. She is now leaking blood from her vagina,is this normal? She also will not sit still and is breathing very heavy. Could she be having more kittens? I have also heard of this before. My vet office is closed here and I'm very worried. Please help,thank you.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 10:19 AM

Hey.. hope I'm not too late.. could be a kitten still in there,if so,its dead and her uterus is still contracting.. if the kittens are feeding and she is content everything is OK.. if her breathing is laboured and she's bleeding badly,you need a vet!
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Apr 4, 2009, 03:56 PM
    If you have an emergency vet in the area, please get her in! This doesn't sound good. If you don't have an emergency vet, call your regular vet at home. This really can't wait. Please keep us posted.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 04:08 PM

You can also call your local animal shelter and ask them for advice.Tell them this is an emergency.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 11:40 AM

sara356.. what happened with the cat!
    45notdaddy Posts: 62, Reputation: 15

Apr 8, 2009, 02:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    sara356..what happened with the cat!
    Seriously, what happened!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking vagina [ 5 Answers ]

I Have White liquid leakin from my vagina. Its like clear pee but it isn't coming out fast. Some times I even have white dicharge but they say that's normal.?

My boobs are leaking milk,negative urine and blood tests,and having periods,am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

help me... my right boob started to leak milk,exactly a week later my left boob started to leak milk.. I did 2 home pregnancy tests both negative.. went to docters did a blood test that was negative too.. then I started my period,but a few days before I was just spotting,then it stopped for a...

My vagina is leaking thick fluids [ 2 Answers ]

My vagina is leaking thick clear fluids and has a very strong smell, like a very strong period smell. It leaves all my body smelling like it all day no matter how much I shower. I haven't went to the doctor because I want to know want it is and can I treat at home? Is it from having sex?

Stuff leaking from vagina [ 1 Answers ]

I have brownish reddish gooey stuff leaking out of my vagina and I'm not on my period. What it the gooey stuff leaking out of my vagina?

Blood leaking from nipples [ 2 Answers ]

I am 27 weeks pregnant and I started leaking colostrum a little over a month ago. My left side is clear like it is suppose to be but on my right breast I am leaking blood. It is bright red and is sore. I have heard of people leaking once they are breastfeeding but this is my first pregnancy. It is...

View more questions Search