Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oceangurl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 02:28 PM
    Dell inspiron laptop
    Hi! I have a dell inspiron laptop and was wondering if I can use a d-link wna-2330 card for wireless access to the internet. If it would support this card where on the Dell would I plug it in and would it allow me to surf the web from any room in my house? Thanks in advance for the help!;)
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangurl View Post
    I have a dell inspiron laptop and was wondering if I can use a d-link wna-2330 card...
    Perhaps, if your laptop has a cardbus slot (most do) for the card to fit in. However, this 802.11 card will also require an access point or a wireless router with Internet service to connect to. These types of cards only replace the cable in a traditional wired Ethernet network. You still need Internet service of some sort, typically cable or DSL.

If you don't currently have Internet service, a data plan from a local cellular carrier and a compatible card (example: Sierra Wireless) is another option. These types of cards deliver access anywhere the carrier has coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangurl View Post
    would it allow me to surf the web from any room in my house?
    Probably, depends on how big your house is, amount of metal in the house's construction, floorplan, and other sources of wireless interference (cordless phones, other wireless cards, access points, etc.) in the neighborhood.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to lock (FN) key on Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to lock the (FN) function key on a Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop? As the computer doesn't have a 10-key pad, you need to hold down the (FN) key to use the number pad (blue numbers) on the alpha keys. I would like to lock the (FN) key so as not to have to hold it...

Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all I acidentally dropped my laptop a few days ago and consequently the LAPTOP monitor and the CPU cooler fan did not work anymore. I was able to resolve the LCD issue by reconnecting the cable back to the mother board.. However, I don't know how to diagnose the fan problem. I don't mind...

Problems with a Dell Inspiron 8600 Laptop [ 4 Answers ]

Good afternoon, This one is a real lulu. I own a Dell Inspiron 8600 Laptop which has been behaving up to now. I run Windows XP with SP2. This laptop is currently fitted in a Dell Advanced Port Replicator (base station) In addition two portable USB hard drives are also connected. Among the...

Problems with a Dell Inspiron 5000 Laptop [ 3 Answers ]

I recently tried to connect a Dell 540 photo printer to a Dell Inspiron 5000 computer running Windows XP Home. I got the laptop to recognize the printer but it would not print. I decded to disconnect the printer and uninstall the drivers. Soon my laptop began having problems at startup. It...

View more questions Search