Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dparnell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2006, 05:18 AM
    Compressor and fan not coming on
    I have check wiring at condenser unit out side, compresor and fan will come on and work if you push the button in the center of the relay and hold it but it will go off as soon as you release it.
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Sep 9, 2006, 06:02 AM
    Sounds like you ar talking about the contactor relay - which is a common problem if the unit is a few years old. Either the contactor points have deteriorated and are not making a good connection or the contactor is not being activated. In either case, you are dealing with potentially lethal voltages and you should have a local professional evaluate and repair your problem for you.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2006, 09:09 PM
    I agree with the answer jgj6331 gave you unless have a good knowledge of electricity. Plus you will have to have a voltage meter to trace down the problem.
    Abdisa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2011, 07:11 PM
    Q:My A/C compressor and fan not coming on I have checked wiring at condenser unit out side, compresor and fan will come on and work if I push the button in the center of the relay and hold it but it will go off as soon as I release it. Please help me!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compressor Map [ 2 Answers ]

I am working with refrigeration systems for some research. I am looking at the compressor map and have been told that a correction factor of .75 is fair to assume for conditions outside of the map's designated superheat and intake temp. Does anyone know where I can obtain any articles to support...

Rewiring air compressor [ 4 Answers ]

How do I rewire a 220V 2 hrp. Air compressor to 110V?

Air Compressor [ 3 Answers ]

I have a new air compressor for my hot rod fabrication. The specifications are as follows, 5.5hp 80gal 24amp 240v. My question is, it calls for a 30 amp breaker and time delay fuse, Type "T". I am running 6/2 wire to supply the unit, it is about 90 ft from the main panel so we ran 6/2 for minimal...

AC Compressor stopped [ 2 Answers ]

My compressor has completely stopped. I can here it surge like it wants to, but nothing happens. I am inside the house when I here this. The unit in the house works, just not the compressor outside. It is new, as this is a new residence, not even a year old. It is 100 degrees here today in...

Compressor squeal [ 2 Answers ]

88 gmc van 6.2 diesel I changed my system to 134 Rebuilt compressor New accumulator At idle compressor works good and cold Soon as I rev up compressor squeals Anybody have any suggestion

View more questions Search