Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sturoc Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 11:36 AM
    Adding W2K hard drive to XP PC
    Can I take my old W2K hard drive -which has a ton of files on it and add it to my XP PC ?
    I would still boot off XP drive -Just want to access files on W2K drive.
    Thanks
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 3, 2009, 11:48 AM
    Yes.
    Simply install it as a slave drive.
    sturoc Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Thanks.
    I should add that the master or primary drive in the new PC is a sata drive. I would add the old ide drive which still has W2K os on it into the ide chain as a slave unit .
    Will there be any problems I should anticipate ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding an additional hard drive to my computer [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I have an older emachine with an 20gb hard drive. I would like to add that hard drive to my HP newer computer by pluging it into the slave connector next to the hard drive. Would it show up as a "X" drive so that I can access it through My Computer? Thank you.:confused:

Adding 2nd hard drive from a used PC [ 1 Answers ]

I have a spare PC (running XP) that has a 160GB (or maybe it's 180GB) hard drive. Something is wrong with the PC, I get blue screen of death, the previous owners took it into a shop and were told that it couldn't be fixed. So it was given to me for the parts. I already put the internal DVD...

Adding 2nd Hard Drive [ 4 Answers ]

HP Pavilion - on connecting 2nd HD into PC and starting up - Refuses to boot up. The sequence gets as far as flashing the light on the DVD but goes no further (normally flashes floppy after DVD then continues the boot up). Have set jumpers at CS as recommended - tried Master and Slave settings...

Adding hard drive [ 3 Answers ]

If I add hard drive will it increase my memory?

Adding Hard Drive... [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: I want to copy a hard drive files from other computer so I try to connect it in my PC (windows 2000) but I can't find it why... :confused:

View more questions Search