Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danzo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 09:20 AM
    10hp B&S engine flywheel swap
    Hello, my name is dan, I have a 10 briggs model 220707 0148 01 it's a 1982 with points . If I put a newer flywheel with a magnetron coil on it will it work . What ever to rid of points . Or will the flywheel on it work. Thank you for your input. Dan
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2009, 09:27 AM

Providing there are not extra magnets on the flywheel for power generation, there is an aftermarket kit that may work.

See this page: Brian Miller's Conventional Ignition, Electrical and Crank Trigger Electronic Ignition Parts and Kits

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10HP Briggs and Stratton Generator Engine [ 24 Answers ]

Hi Guys, Recently, I was using my Generac 5550 generator with a 10HP Briggs & Stratton OHV, model 204412, Type 0142 engine, and it started running rough and puffing black smoke. So I bought the repair manual. Took everything apart to the piston, cleaned the carbon off the pistons and...

I can't pull the starter cord on my 10hp Briggs and Stratton Engine [ 6 Answers ]

I recently purchased a two year old 10 hp Troy Built wood chipper. I've used it for about 4-5 hours and recently had to add a little oil. I added the correct type as per the manufacturers instructions. It started up just fine and after 15 minutes or so I shut it off to empty the bag. Once the...

Starting Briggs & Stratton 10HP engine that has not run for 2-yrs [ 5 Answers ]

Cleaned plug, put a little gas in chamber, put new gasoline in tank and still won't start after many tries. Has the old gasoline caused the problem and do I need to clean carb? Bronco Bob

V6 to v8 engine swap [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to swap an auto v6 engine for a auto v8 engine in a 04 ford mustang

Engine swap [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1982 barth motorhome with a 427 chevy gas engine.Can I swap an isuzu diesel into it without changing the tranny?It is a turbo 400.Thank you,Rick

View more questions Search