Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Codylover101 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Apr 3, 2009, 08:57 AM
    Known as grandma to be mom, and real mom to be sister!
    So I'm 12 years old and last summer the "secret" came out. The whole Summer of 08 sucked "butt" every signal day my "mom" and "sister" fought. Now there fighting for mine and my other sister's love I still call my "grandma" mom just not around my "real" "mom". Its sooooo weird to be around them at the same time. What should I do because they always talk about each other behind each others back. What should I do? Please help!!!!:confused::confused:
    humble10 Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Apr 3, 2009, 09:16 AM

Hi precious young woman, try telling them individually in a nice manner how it make you feel inside when they are constantly arguing and talking about one another.Tell them that you love them and ask them, would they please stop doing this, so it will not disrupt your life and theirs.Peace
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 3, 2009, 09:29 AM

I'm not sure what this "secret" is, but this sounds like a whole lot of drama between your mom and your grandmother.

You and your sister should tell your mom and your grandma that you all need to sit down for a talk. Tell them how this is affecting you and your sister, and that they are hurting the relationships that they have with all of you. These are adult issues, and they should know that.

I'm sorry that you are being put in the position of being the grown up in this situation, but maybe if you step up and show them how childish they are acting, they will see that they can't be doing all of this fighting and talking behind each others backs, in front of you and your sister.

They are the adults. Your are the children. They have no right to be doing this to you, and you need to let them both know that you aren't going to listen to them speak badly of each other in front of you. They need to resolve their differences, and keep you out of this. This is not your fault. These are their problems, and they need to know how you feel about this.

Good luck, and I'm sorry you have to deal with this nonsense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get rid of my grandma [ 4 Answers ]

My grandma lives with me in the same house and she is driving me insane. I mean she is very hard to live with. I have to do everything her way. My husband actually enjoyes her company but says he's okay with her as long as he doesn't get too aquinted because then she'll get into his business. I...

Rasied to believe grandma was momand mom was sister! [ 3 Answers ]

So 4 my whole life I have been rasied to believe that my grandma was my mom and my mom was my sister and in may of 2008 what happened. Now my biological mom wants my to call her "mom" and to go to her for everything and I don't want to because I've lost all respect for her. But my sister is going...

Sister treats me like an object with no real value as a person [ 5 Answers ]

My sister has treated me like crap my entire life. She calls me retarded, stupid, idiotic, and treats me like a dog. She moved out a year ago but I still feel the effects of her calling me those things. I am dyslexic and already self doubted myself in that area but now I do it in everything....

Dad wants Grandma out [ 1 Answers ]

My grandma (moms mom) has been living with us on and off for the last 25 years. As of the last 8 years she has stayed with us. She is originally from egypt and at her age (82) can't barre the flight back. My dad is mad, he wants her out now because he says he owes him money. She pays himm $400...

View more questions Search